2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

and i'm not trying to hijack this thread to be about Jefferson and the Vikings, but he's showing soooo much maturity and leadership and big picture understanding now too. c'mon in to the Vikings forum to our Jefferson thread if you want to read quotes from him on the subject and the responsibilities he feels he has now. we love guests.

I certainly appreciate the offer and am fascinated by talented football players, but I already spent more of my time and attention to this football team than is good for me. Here's to enjoying the ins and outs of the sport we enjoy. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

He's going to be a good FB lol 😆 

That or I could see them use him like Mooch used Terry Kirby.  Kirby wasn't a good runner between the tackles, but he could pass protect and was a very good receiver.  It allowed them to give Hearst a lot of breaks.  I could see the same for Guerendo/CMC.  

But honestly, I think Mason is way better than Guerendo.  

Justin Jefferson wasn't leaving Minnesota in the slightest. Would have been cool to see him in the red, and gold though. I think he clearly makes a difference in the Super Bowl for sure. Most impressive receiver to enter the league in a while. Oh well. That Aiyuk dude is pretty good too. 49ers front office should get to signing him right quick. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

All these mid-round RB fails is only going to lead to one thing…. Kyle taking a RB in the first round one of these years lol. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All these mid-round RB fails is only going to load to one thing…. Kyle taking a RB in the first round one of these years lol. 

It would be a very dumb idea and I'd like to see a guy in the mold of Bijan after CMC lol.

2 hours ago, JIllg said:

It would be a very dumb idea and I'd like to see a guy in the mold of Bijan after CMC lol.

Lol, you know it is going to happen. 

I can't even be mad at the Guerendo pick since I was open to it before the draft and thought he could bring the HR threat to the offense. Turner made it seem like he was a project pick when he spoke and that befuddled me considering he spent so much time in college and is not a young back. Something was not adding up. Now we are hearing he is struggling a bit and isn't making reads quick enough which is disappointing. Oh well. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol, you know it is going to happen. 

I can't even be mad at the Guerendo pick since I was open to it before the draft and thought he could bring the HR threat to the offense. Turner made it seem like he was a project pick when he spoke and that befuddled me considering he spent so much time in college and is not a young back. Something was not adding up. Now we are hearing he is struggling a bit and isn't making reads quick enough which is disappointing. Oh well. 

I still say IG's game lends itself to more of a FB role.

He was a good blocker in college and if he added another 10 pounds or so, he could physically be an effective lead blocker.

He's a good receiver, being a former WR, which is where Juice thrived as a 4th option/checkdown type.

He's rough around the edges but he has the physical tools to be a plus athlete in that role.

The question will be can he mentally be as efficient as Juice.

Juice just understands the little nuances of the offense and how to adjust on the fly.

18 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The question will be can he mentally be as efficient as Juice.

Doubtful.  Apparently Juice is like another QB on the field, he's always correcting guys...I read that somewhere, but forgot where. 

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Justin Jefferson wasn't leaving Minnesota in the slightest. Would have been cool to see him in the red, and gold though. I think he clearly makes a difference in the Super Bowl for sure. Most impressive receiver to enter the league in a while. Oh well. That Aiyuk dude is pretty good too. 49ers front office should get to signing him right quick. 

I have nothing to go on with this other than his athletic profile is very similar to Pettis, but I believe a big reason why the niners passed on Lamb, Ruggs, and Jeudy (the consensus top 3 WRs that year) is because they liked Jefferson more than all three. Then once Jefferson was gone, they traded up for Aiyuk. 

@vike daddyAs far as calling about him this year, they call about everyone. They called the patriots about Brady before we traded for Jimmy G. They called the packers about rodgers before drafting lance. They want to understand the market. They had a WR or two they were willing to trade. It makes sense to understand the market for Jefferson in relation to those players. It is a big nothing burger lol 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

It is a big nothing burger lol 

that i knew from the start.

it was more like me dropping by one of the neighbors and bringing them a little gift i saw at the market that made me think of them. lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He is a project pick because he sucks at playing RB lol

His film was horrible. Was not following his blockers at all. Hit the wrong hole a lot. Tried to bounce it to the outside far too often. There were times he could outrun LBs and break a big gain, and I don't think he will be able to do it as easily in the NFL. 

This is why he is a project. He has good physical abilities but does not understand how to play RB. They need to teach him a lot before he is a serviceable player. If you want to give him 5 carries on the outside zone, fine, he can probably do that, but teams will adjust and I dont think he can do anything else besides that and pass pro.

He just simply wont be able to run between the tackles in the NFL imo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

There seems to be something wrong with their RB evaluation. Too much draft capital is being wasted. 

Maybe. But isn't it hard to believe that coming from Shanahan Jr. with Bobby Turner on staff??? 

Perhaps Shanahan is just obsessed with runningbacks. Maybe he doesn't want to be in a situation again where we had to play Jacques Patrick for a couples of weeks. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

He is a project pick because he sucks at playing RB lol

His film was horrible. Was not following his blockers at all. Hit the wrong hole a lot. Tried to bounce it to the outside far too often. There were times he could outrun LBs and break a big gain, and I don't think he will be able to do it as easily in the NFL. 

This is why he is a project. He has good physical abilities but does not understand how to play RB. They need to teach him a lot before he is a serviceable player. If you want to give him 5 carries on the outside zone, fine, he can probably do that, but teams will adjust and I dont think he can do anything else besides that and pass pro.

He just simply wont be able to run between the tackles in the NFL imo.

Dude after he was picked I watched this clip:

And after the first play I almost threw my keyboard at my monitor.  2nd and 1, all he has to do is hit the pile and fall forward....instead this 220 lb monster starts dancing to the outside and gets tackled lol.  no instincts at all.