2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

Glasgow's deal looks so incredible right now. Some inferior guys are getting banked up. Today has been wild so far. I'm incredibly thankful that we're in the position we're currently in and aren't panicking over filling holes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:
  • Detroit: Jared Goff
  • Green Bay: Jordan Love + Josh Jacobs
  • Chicago: TBD < Presumed to be Caleb Williams at #1 overall + D'Andre Swift
  • Minnesota: TBD < Rumour is Sam Darnold + Draft Pick + Jonathan Greenard

The story so far

Detroit

• Graham Glasgow, OG

Green Bay

• Josh Jacobs, RB

Chicago

• D'Andre Swift, RB

Minnesota

• Jonthan Greenard, Edge
  • Andrew Van Ginkel, Edge
  • Blake Cashman, LB

Saquan going to the Eagles is crazy too.  

I read that the Eagles have been doing a lot of these 3 and 4 void years but are making guys include that they are eligible for post June 30 cuts that will wipe away a bunch of the money.  Sounds like the players union is planning to fight it in the next CBA but thats how they are able to do this and keep spending. 

8 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm watching the news wires with the "come on... Do something" meme in my head.

The Lions are being smart about this.  Teams that have already paid out big dollars won't necessarily be competing for the remaining safeties and CBs.  OG and C will be important positions in the draft.

29 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Detroit

• Graham Glasgow, OG

Green Bay

• Josh Jacobs, RB
  • Xavier McKinney, S

Chicago

• D'Andre Swift, RB

Minnesota

• Jonthan Greenard, Edge
  • Andrew Van Ginkel, Edge
  • Blake Cashman, LB

Packers spending $

Edited by Karnage84

43 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Glasgow's deal looks so incredible right now. Some inferior guys are getting banked up. Today has been wild so far. I'm incredibly thankful that we're in the position we're currently in and aren't panicking over filling holes.

When I read the Glasgow contract I was very surprised at the value. The Lions got him at a very reasonable price.

The first big safety comes off the board.  Unfortunately, Xavier McKinney has signed with the Packers.  Based on that contract, teams are still willing to spend on a blue-chip safety.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/xavier-mckinney-agrees-to-four-year-deal-with-packers

Edited by Just Want A Title

12 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The first big safety comes off the board.  Unfortunately, Xavier McKinney has signed with the Packers.  Based on that contract, teams are still willing to spend on a blue-chip safety.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/xavier-mckinney-agrees-to-four-year-deal-with-packers

Meh, I don't view safety as a priority need for the Lions anyway.

We need depth but I'm completely fine rolling when Kerby and Iffy as the starters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Meh, I don't view safety as a priority need for the Lions anyway.

We need depth but I'm completely fine rolling when Kerby and Iffy as the starters.

I don't see Kerby Joseph as a starting safety based on his inconsistent play last year.