Needs: Free Agent and Draft

onejayhawk

5 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

😕

I think it’s primarily his decision to be elsewhere.  Even tweeted about using the Drue Tranquill plan. Sign somewhere you’re going to start, raise your value and hopefully catch a multi-year deal there or elsewhere.

• Like 2

I think based on Chenal's progress in the post season, even if we had kept Gay, he would've been our 4th best LB next year. Don't think the value was there, even at $5M, which is less than I thought he'd get.

53 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Not as much as they could've restructured. This might not signal a big move. May just be what's necessary to get us cap compliant and prep to pay draft picks and some cheaper guys later.

Allowing us to keep teams from low balling us on a Sneed trade because we had to get cap compliant 

Edited by Mizter_Clean10
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Allowing us to keep teams from low balling us on a Sneed trade because we had to get cap compliant 

Was just discussing this.  Nate Taylor said we could trade Sneed in the morning, this was a very smart move to insure we aren’t forced to top our hand.  Would love a swap of firsts and MN’s second for Sneed. Get our LT then go WR/DT.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

😕

That makes three comp picks next year. Allegretti and Thompson are projected as a 6th and a 7th. Gey is likely another 6th. 

In other news, we add a solid blocking TE, Irv Smith. He's not that bad as a reciver but I think he's Blake Bell's replacement.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_add_travis_kelce_backup_in_free_agency/s1_17114_40097982

Edited by onejayhawk

42 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

You know, I spaced on Sneed. Not that we were trying to trade him, but that he's still eating up $20M of our cap. That's a good point.

Now call me crazy on this, but what if, just maybe…to quote Major League,  they’re trying to, “Win the whole f’ing thing.” By keeping Sneed, and the others they’ve signed.  Sportrac has us at just over 22m in Cap space after Mahomes restructure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I keep reading that we were in on a Diontae Johnson trade but the Steelers decided against traded within the conference and sent him to Carolina.

Apparently Garafolo is the source

I wondered when he was available and they were interested in Sneed if that was all coming together in one big move.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That makes three comp picks next year. Allegretti and Thompson are projected as a 6th and a 7th. Gey is likely another 6th. 

In other news, we add a solid blocking TE, Irv Smith. He's not that bad as a reciver but I think he's Blake Bell's replacement.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_add_travis_kelce_backup_in_free_agency/s1_17114_40097982

From everything ive heard, Irv is a terrible blocker who can’t catch, and fumbles a lot. I think he’s just a camp body who may get the 3rd TE spot if we don’t bring anybody else in

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

From everything ive heard, Irv is a terrible blocker who can’t catch, and fumbles a lot. I think he’s just a camp body who may get the 3rd TE spot if we don’t bring anybody else in

Yessir. One thing that stood out was he gets a big time escalator for a "first game bonus". He either balls out in TC or he's outta here.