Needs: Free Agent and Draft

onejayhawk

18 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I feel like we still draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. I don’t think Veach is gonna leave anything to chance, and it’s very like him to double down on a weak position in one offseason. Although I expect a guy in the 5th-7th because of how good a class this is. 

We don't have any picks in rounds 6 or 7. It will be interesting to see who Andrew Wiley's comp pick brings.

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, this shouldn't change WR as one of the higher needs. We needed more than one. Brown will largely replace MVS, run a lot of the deeper routes and get open with speed, while hopefully actually catching some of them. But we still need a #3. Watson and Moore are fine as #4 and #5. Can't bring myself to care about Toney's existence on the roster at this point. But you want someone better than those three at #3. They could still fill that in free agency. Cost would dictate much, but I wouldn't mind Tyler Boyd, Hunter Renfrow, D.J. Chark, Cedrick Wilson, Josh Reynolds, K.J. Osborn, etc. Plenty of guys good enough for that kind of role still out there, and they'll only get cheaper over time. But this still isn't a good enough WR corp to enter the season with. At the moment, WR should still be something we do in the top 2 rounds. WR and OT are both strong classes this year at high value positions of need.

Hopefully, he does more than just replace MVS, although playoff MVS had value. I agree that there are going to be veterans available via FA signing or spare part trade. 

49 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

We don't have any picks in rounds 6 or 7. It will be interesting to see who Andrew Wiley's comp pick brings.

We have a 7.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
Read incorrectly

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

We have a 7.

Not unless there is a new supplemental pick. 

Chiefs Draft Picks 2024

Round

Pick

Overall

Traded From

-

-

-

-

Dallas

-

17 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not unless there is a new supplemental pick. 

Chiefs Draft Picks 2024

Round

Pick

Overall

Traded From

-

-

-

-

Dallas

-

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-receive-one-compensatory-pick-in-the-2024-nfl-draft#:~:text=The Kansas City Chiefs received,playing time and postseason honors.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

On 3/15/2024 at 8:01 PM, onejayhawk said:

OK. My source was flawed.

#252 reminds me that Nazeeh Johnson will be back and healthy. He was turning into an elite gunner. 

He was also running with the ones in Training Camp

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

What can you guys tell me about Mike Edwards? From what I have read and seen from local reports/analyst, he is a really good fit for what the Bills do.

Curious if you guys were interested in bringing him back.

Edwards was a nice one-season pickup. He's a ball-hawk, partly because he gets out of position but in a useful way.

That said, the rookie Chamarri Conner was taking snaps at the end of the season and likely a lot of snaps if he returned. 

Accept Edwards for what he is-- a sticky-fingered third safety.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What can you guys tell me about Mike Edwards? From what I have read and seen from local reports/analyst, he is a really good fit for what the Bills do.

Curious if you guys were interested in bringing him back.

We quite liked him. Overall good. Doesn't always take the best angles, but I really didn't have many other complaints. Good enough tackler. Great ball skills and instincts. Definitely seemed most comfortable to me reading and reacting in zone. Was good enough in man for what we needed of him. And generally was good enough all around to enable us being able to do what we wanted with Justin Reid, even after Cook went down. Wouldn't pay him long term to be a starting safety, but he was excellent value as a #3 S in nickel and dime sets.

• Like 1

Soooo we're expected to sign the rugby player. Louis Rees Zammit. He's 6'3" 194lbs and runs a 4.4. RB/WR? KR/PR? Would be interesting to see how his skills on the rugby field translates but if he's brand new to playing football, I don't have much for high hopes but cool story I guess.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Soooo we're expected to sign the rugby player. Louis Rees Zammit. He's 6'3" 194lbs and runs a 4.4. RB/WR? KR/PR? Would be interesting to see how his skills on the rugby field translates but if he's brand new to playing football, I don't have much for high hopes but cool story I guess.

I know Jack squat about rugby 🤷