Needs: Free Agent and Draft

onejayhawk

16 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That is not what I got. What I saw is that he was a good run blocker and runs decent routes. The guy he is supposedly replacing is Bell, who was not the same player as In 2022. Drops and fumbles are outside the comment.

That said, I can see why he is on a prove-it contract. Just making the opening day roster is a significant bonus.

Veach signing: 1/2 rd pick, didn't pan out yet ... let's have a closer look

12 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Curtis Samuel to the Bills 

Jody Fortson signed in Miami

We re-signed Wharton

Wharton is big. We still need to sign Danna and sign/draft someone to cover for/replace Omenihu but it's not so pressing. 

Nnadi back as well. So that's the whole DT room, basically.

Nothing terribly exciting there, but they're all gonna be cheap, so I'm okay with it. Also had the potential to be a huge need if we didn't bring those guys back, so it adds some clarity at least going into the draft, there.

Still got space and still need to make a move at WR, for sure. Cheap vet at LT would be the other thing I'm hoping for.

42 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Nothing terribly exciting there, but they're all gonna be cheap, so I'm okay with it. Also had the potential to be a huge need if we didn't bring those guys back, so it adds some clarity at least going into the draft, there.

Still got space and still need to make a move at WR, for sure. Cheap vet at LT would be the other thing I'm hoping for.

Think we bring back Donny at LT? 

id also love Mikey Edwards back too

15 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Think we bring back Donny at LT? 

id also love Mikey Edwards back too

Wouldn't put it past them. I don't think we go for anything splashy at LT, think it'll just be another one of those where we don't want to be dependent on Morris and/or a rookie at OT. I doubt Smith has a big market, so I could see him coming back similar to Nnadi and Wharton. More mid-tier one year deals.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Nnadi and Turk are big. Add Danna and we have what we had in the Super Bowl. We still need someone else for depth if nothing else, be we can draft Edge in this class. 

If we re-sign Sneed that leaves OT, OG, TE RB, WR, LB, and S in no particular order. If not, then CB adds to the list. It's enough to make me hope we trade out of the 1st round.

Edited by onejayhawk

If Hollywood Brown signs, that takes care of WR for the first three rounds. We still have DL, OT, and TE as priorities, plus LB, RB, S, CB, and IOL as lesser priorities. 

If they trade Sneed, CB move sell up the list but they probably get a new pick to use.

I feel like we still draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. I don’t think Veach is gonna leave anything to chance, and it’s very like him to double down on a weak position in one offseason. Although I expect a guy in the 5th-7th because of how good a class this is. 

I still think we go WR in 1st or 2nd.  I struggle to see the double down though,  I don’t see them giving up on Skyy or Toney that easily,  plus Watson.   Throw 1 in early round Rookie in that rotation for the 3rd spot and I think by the end of the year , you’re very happy with how it turns out. 

• Like 1

Yeah, this shouldn't change WR as one of the higher needs. We needed more than one. Brown will largely replace MVS, run a lot of the deeper routes and get open with speed, while hopefully actually catching some of them. But we still need a #3. Watson and Moore are fine as #4 and #5. Can't bring myself to care about Toney's existence on the roster at this point. But you want someone better than those three at #3. They could still fill that in free agency. Cost would dictate much, but I wouldn't mind Tyler Boyd, Hunter Renfrow, D.J. Chark, Cedrick Wilson, Josh Reynolds, K.J. Osborn, etc. Plenty of guys good enough for that kind of role still out there, and they'll only get cheaper over time. But this still isn't a good enough WR corp to enter the season with. At the moment, WR should still be something we do in the top 2 rounds. WR and OT are both strong classes this year at high value positions of need.