February Mock Draft 2024

On 2/20/2024 at 12:10 PM, indifference said:

I'm not going to try to predict trades, free agency and cuts, just draft picks at this time.

26) Chop Robinson EDGE Penn State

57) Sedrick Van Pran OC Georgia

89) James Williams S Miami

125) Tyler Davis DT Clemson

202) Anthony Gould WR Oregon State

To the original OP, I just have a bad feeling about Chop Robinson not translating to the NFL though really haven't watched enough of him to have a strong opinion. But yeah, at pick 26 I could see the Bucs going BDEA. They need a true #1 edge threat. 

As far as the other guys, I'm not familiar with Gould though do think The Bucs need another guy to compete, possibly a burner. Van Pran, Williams, Davis, I'm a fan of them all at those spots and seem like good value. Williams didn't go crazy at the combine so I could see him falling even farther.

Van Pran...yeah, I love that entire Georgia line. If Amarius Mims made it to the Bucs pick, I'm getting Mims, Van Pran back to back. A Tayne can dream.

As far as Davis, are the Bucs going to be a 4-3? I hope they do. I don't see him really fitting a 3-4 though like the player.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

So Arians stated to Pewter Report that he loves Penix Jr. As do I. Think he's the #2/3 QB in this class honestly. Sharp kid, mature, leader among men, and went into plenty of games where the talent was better on the other side of the ball. 

Baker Mayfield is reportedly asking for 40-45 MM per year. There is no way I'm doing that. Especially not at a rate that sticks us with that contract for 2 seasons guaranteed. I don't think anyone on the market will do that. Neither should we. Let the bidding go on for him bc theres a certain price I'd keep Baker for. I need to see him be better against a tougher schedule before I commit to 40-45 MM a year for 3-4 years. 

23 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

So Arians stated to Pewter Report that he loves Penix Jr. As do I. Think he's the #2/3 QB in this class honestly. Sharp kid, mature, leader among men, and went into plenty of games where the talent was better on the other side of the ball. 

Baker Mayfield is reportedly asking for 40-45 MM per year. There is no way I'm doing that. Especially not at a rate that sticks us with that contract for 2 seasons guaranteed. I don't think anyone on the market will do that. Neither should we. Let the bidding go on for him bc theres a certain price I'd keep Baker for. I need to see him be better against a tougher schedule before I commit to 40-45 MM a year for 3-4 years. 

Baker is back so now the question remains, if Penix is BPA do you still the pull the trigger? 

On 3/11/2024 at 8:16 AM, indifference said:

Baker is back so now the question remains, if Penix is BPA do you still the pull the trigger? 

If he's there in the third I think you roll the dice and bring him in.