***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

Don’t bother. He’s got a bunch of things he subjectively doesn’t like, which is fine, but keeps trying to act like that proves it’s an objectively terrible movie and anyone who should know anything should agree with him because he knows more about everything than everybody else.

Like, he’s legit bothered that people don’t agree with his bad opinion.

I think that its a poor continuation of the Star Wars story the Force Awakens set up.  I've seen the movie twice now, it is an entertaining movie on its own.  But IMO, it didn't progress the Star Wars movie universe in a desirable direction.  It basically just undid all of the main plot points of the Force Awakens.

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The biggest problem with this movie to the fan boys is that their theories were wrong.  Some people just had expectations of what this movie would be and are pissed that it isn't it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, even with it not being what I expected.

I agree, my theories were wrong. Still doesn't mean it was a great movie.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

?????

45 pages and you want me to rehash them cause you dont feel like doing a little digging or keep up with the discussions?

No, I want you to lay all your cards out on the table so that I can prove (based on the history of Star Wars and everything that makes Star Wars Star Wars) that your complaints are childish, unfounded and provably unfair based on everything you compare it to. 

What's the matter, are you a porg? 

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

But IMO, it didn't progress the Star Wars movie universe in a desirable direction.

This right here, is proving our point without you realizing you are doing it. You are mad it didnt take the story where you wanted it to go, aka "a desireable direction"

Rain Johnson isnt out here trying to make your movie, or confirm/deny your fan theory. He made HIS movie, that everyone in charge of Star Wars agreed to. And even the creator of the precious TFA is in awe of what he made, and wishes he could have done it.

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

This right here, is proving our point without you realizing you are doing it. You are mad it didnt take the story where you wanted it to go, aka "a desireable direction"

Rain Johnson isnt out here trying to make your movie, or confirm/deny your fan theory. He made HIS movie, that everyone in charge of Star Wars agreed to. And even the creator of the precious TFA is in awe of what he made, and wishes he could have done it.

What?  No I meant I think the movie would have done better to move the story forward instead of spending the entire movie undoing all of the previous movies before it.  

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

It would be one thing if it was a stand alone movie like Rogue One

But Rogue One isnt a stand alone movie. none of these are. So how could you give RO a pass, as it is actually the direct lead up to the Original Trilogy, but this one, with more movies still set to build this pout more, is critiqued in some different way?

But Rogue One isnt a stand alone movie. none of these are. So how could you give RO a pass, as it is actually the direct lead up to the Original Trilogy, but this one, with more movies still set to build this pout more, is critiqued in some different way?

Rogue One is a stand alone movie in the sense that it doesn't follow the main characters of the story.  The titled "Episodes" have all generally followed the same characters, and mainly the Skywalker family.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What?  No I meant I think the movie would have done better to move the story forward instead of spending the entire movie undoing all of the previous movies before it.  

Not what you just said, but how could you think that nothing has been moved "forward"? The Resistance is now in a state that we have NEVER seen it before. The Jedi Religion is now in a place we have NEVER seen it before. And most of all, the allusions of the viewer (as well as the ones fighting; i.e. Finn) have been rocked as there is not just Good vs Evil or Light vs Dark, there is now the Middle Ground that eyes have been opened to, where the Rich are just profiting off this continuous war that has been waging for generations.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Rogue One is a stand alone movie in the sense that it doesn't follow the main characters of the story.  The titled "Episodes" have all generally followed the same characters, and mainly the Skywalker family.  

But its not stand alone. It literally runs right into the beginning of A New Hope...

I think Im starting to understand this fanboy issue, its not all about Luke Skywalker anymore, so it no longer fits your narritive? Is that what this petty issue is about?

But its not stand alone. It literally runs right into the beginning of A New Hope...

I think Im starting to understand this fanboy issue, its not all about Luke Skywalker anymore, so it no longer fits your narritive? Is that what this petty issue is about?

Yup, some people can't seem to comprehend that Luke is a supporting character in this series.  An important one, but a supporting character nonetheless.

Why are you being so confrontational about this?  Its just a movie. 

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not what you just said, but how could you think that nothing has been moved "forward"? The Resistance is now in a state that we have NEVER seen it before. The Jedi Religion is now in a place we have NEVER seen it before. And most of all, the allusions of the viewer (as well as the ones fighting; i.e. Finn) have been rocked as there is not just Good vs Evil or Light vs Dark, there is now the Middle Ground that eyes have been opened to, where the Rich are just profiting off this continuous war that has been waging for generations.

Because this isn't a reboot?  It isn't an origin story either, this is movie 2 of a proposed trilogy.  You don't just abandon 30+ years of story as a plot twist.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Because this isn't a reboot?  It isn't an origin story either, this is movie 2 of a proposed trilogy.  You don't just abandon 30+ years of story as a plot twist.  

Please, tell me what they just abandoned? I am genuinely curious to hear this? Because everything you have said so far sounds like you just wanted a rehashed OT?

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Please, tell me what they just abandoned? I am genuinely curious to hear this? Because everything you have said so far sounds like you just wanted a rehashed OT?

Because of the plot of The Last Jedi makes the Force Awakens a pointless movie.  

- After years away from Star Wars we are introduced to the two new factions in FA, the First Order and the Resistance.  At the end of TLJ the Resistance is practically wiped out and the First Order's leader is dead.

- Snoke was set up as the big bad in FA, he ends up being pointless.

- The search for Luke Skywalker was a waste of time.  He didn't train Rey at all.  

- One of the biggest questions of the first movie, "who are Rey's parents" ending us being completely meaningless.  

I don't hate the Last Jedi as a movie.  I just don't see why they didn't go this direction with the first movie instead of setting up a plot and then immediately undoing all of it in the 2nd movie.  If they wanted the Franchise to move this direction The Last Jedi should have been the first movie of this trilogy.

Archived