***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

37 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

I will never buy the instinctual argument. What instinct triggers a grown man to pull a lightsaber on his weaker, sleeping nephew. Totally an instinctual reaction. It's weak. 

If you could read someone's mind (whether they are close to you or not) and they were going to do something that would kill millions of innocents and basically destroy the galaxy, you wouldn't think for a split second to stop them?

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If you could read someone's mind (whether they are close to you or not) and they were going to do something that would kill millions of innocents and basically destroy the galaxy, you wouldn't think for a split second to stop them?

1) “Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future..” – Yoda

2) Yes. My instinct wouldn't be to kill them though (or consider it as a first option). Not even close. I would be an adult and think about it. Discuss it with his parents maybe... 

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

1) “Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future..” – Yoda

2) Yes. My instinct wouldn't be to kill them though (or consider it as a first option). Not even close. I would be an adult and think about it. Discuss it with his parents maybe... 

Nicely done with #1.

However this is the same guy that hopped in an X-wing and flew off to save his friends from the all powerful Darth Vader without completing his training. The fact that he thought for less than a second about saving the galaxy from what he saw Ben becoming isn't farfetched at all.

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Nicely done with #1.

However this is the same guy that hopped in an X-wing and flew off to save his friends from the all powerful Darth Vader without completing his training. The fact that he thought for less than a second about saving the galaxy from what he saw Ben becoming isn't farfetched at all.

But then he did complete his training.... Why would a Jedi Master's first instinct be to murder his nephew?  

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Didn't Rey escape in Snoke's personal ship/pod/whatever?   And before they knew he was dead.  No chance they fire on that without knowledge that he is dead.

Stop using Logic, its not fair to everyone else!

Yes, Ren & Ray were both knocked down/out by splitting the Light saber. We see Ren come to as Hux is contemplating killing him since he is already blaming him for Snokes death. So Rey either wasnt knocked out, or came to sooner than that, gathered the pieces of the light saber (we see her with them at the end) and took snokes escape pod. 

Regardless if anyone knew if Snoke was dead or in his escape pod, they just had a ship tear through them at light speed, I think they have a few more pressing matters that have their attention at that point?

42 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

But then he did complete his training.... Why would a Jedi Master's first instinct be to murder his nephew?  

Because he's still the same person...?

People are arguing that him thinking about killing Ben for a split second is out of character. What you're saying is that he shouldn't have thought that, which would actually be what is out of character for the Luke Skywalker we've seen in the OT.

18 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Because he's still the same person...?

People are arguing that him thinking about killing Ben for a split second is out of character. What you're saying is that he shouldn't have thought that, which would actually be what is out of character for the Luke Skywalker we've seen in the OT.

Im confused by what you're saying.  Are you saying he isn't the same person in TLJ?  Well that is because of what happened.  But you can't argue that he was that person before the incident, that is circular logic.  Based off the Luke Skywalker portrayed in the original trilogy I would say striking down his nephew is absolutely out of character.  

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Im confused by what you're saying.  Are you saying he isn't the same person in TLJ?  Well that is because of what happened.  But you can't argue that he was that person before the incident, that is circular logic.  Based off the Luke Skywalker portrayed in the original trilogy I would say striking down his nephew is absolutely out of character.  

Well that's where we disagree. I would say that falls right in line with his character arc.

What I was saying before (which was probably poorly worded) was that Luke has always reacted quickly to situations, especially when he senses danger to others. Once he saw inside Ben's mind, having him just walk away is what would be out of character.

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

Or maybe they just have different opinions and would like to voice them? Maybe they aren't as convinced of some arguments that people are making. Such a lazy way to dismiss someone's opinion. 

The reasons people state are perfectly acceptable reasons to dislike the movie.  They are NOT perfectly acceptable reasons to claim (incorrectly) that it was a bad movie.  It wasn't.  Thus, they're whiners. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The reasons people state are perfectly acceptable reasons to dislike the movie.  They are NOT perfectly acceptable reasons to claim (incorrectly) that it was a bad movie.  It wasn't.  Thus, they're whiners. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi/ 

With a 49% rating on rotten tomatoes it seems a lot of people disagree with your opinion.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi/ 

With a 49% rating on rotten tomatoes it seems a lot of people disagree with your opinion.  

Rotten Tomatoes is the least qualified rating system on the Internet, and people need to stop citing it.  Ghostbusters has a 76% on it.  The new Ghostbusters.  Rotten Tomatoes gets its ratings from critics and critics alone, and critics are as fickle and stupid as anybody out there.  The Exorcist has 86.  Get Out has 99.  It's 100% political and trendy and should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever

ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever, ever

Be used to judge a movie, good or bad, for any argument. 

Ever. 

IMDB has it at 7.5.  I guarantee that in 5 years, that will be closer to an 8.0 than it is to 7.5.  People right now are giving it 0 ratings because they're sad about how the movie treated Luke and other very thin arguments.

All I know is that I used to HATE the prequel trilogy.  I used to consider it not worth watching and I didn't  even acknowledge its existence.  Once I realized that you could look past Hayden's performance and enjoy it for what it was (something completely different from the original trilogy), I learned to appreciate it.  Eventually, people will learn the same with Return of the Jedi.  Even you will.  It just might take some time. 

It's Star Wars.  Literally the best fantasy series out there.  Learn to enjoy it quickly because once you put aside expectations and petty nitpicking, it was a hell of a fun movie. 

Archived