Your Draft Hot Takes

Dr LBC

On 2/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, khodder said:

Saquon Barkley is a shotgun back who will struggle big time if asked to line-up in a traditional running game. NFL comp - Reggie Bush.

Overall Christian McCaffrey was a better prospect.

Can a take be so hot that it blows up?

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

How sure are we that Quenton Nelson is a better guard prospect than Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn? When watching Nelson I expected to see a special player but I didn't. I don't see special strength or movement. In fact, I think his feet are on the slow side.

I understand the concept of this thread, but wow. Some people have him as the #1 overall prospect and every draft expert/wanna-be has him as a Top 10 overall player. 

Not sure which game(s) you watched, but watch the bowl game vs LSU, absolutely dominant the whole game, athletically pulling multiple times and dominating most of the game

17 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

How sure are we that Quenton Nelson is a better guard prospect than Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn? When watching Nelson I expected to see a special player but I didn't. I don't see special strength or movement. In fact, I think his feet are on the slow side.

giphy.gif

Charges should be brought up on Nelson for some of the things he did to opponents this year.

18 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Pretty sure

Nelson is the best OG prospect but because he is an interior lineman he should slip out of the top 10.  Where this could change is the weakness at EDGE rushers and dominate pass rushing DTs in this draft. 

The question should be is he that much different than a OG a team can get in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Quenton Nelson will grade out as the best player on the field in ANY game you put on of his.

Grading on technique, effort, execution.

Plus he has physical traits. He's big, moves well, and has great strength numbers. Great zone blocking, man blocking, pulling and leading, and in pass protection.

So @Rich7sena to answer your question, I am VERY sure he's better than the rest of the PLAYERS in this class if we aren't factoring in how important a guard is.

Do I think Nelson is a better guard than Hernandez and Wynn? Yep. Would I take Nelson top ten if I knew I could get either of those two at the end of round 1 or top of Round 2? Probably not. But that’s a positional value question for me, it’s all about that second contract. Sure guards on the open market get paid, but very often it’s by teams with a dire need that didn’t draft them.

Archived