F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Actually, what Huff does in Philly is completely irrelevant moving forward. It is what Johnson, McDonald and the rest of the line produces for US that matters going forward. 

Not to one who doubts Jets' ability to be a contender. lol

2 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

I believe you have to spend the same on 1 player to wash it out. Not a collective amount

Collective amount for sure.   Right now, without season performance, we are on first step of the projection.  One for One then total for total then performance weight then blah blah blah.

I remember one time in the past, one team that signed more players than lost ones ended up getting one compensatory pick due to suffering under-performance.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Collective amount for sure.   Right now, without season performance, we are on first step of the projection.  One for One then total for total then performance weight then blah blah blah.

I remember one time in the past, one team that signed more players than lost ones ended up getting one compensatory pick due to suffering under-performance.

Theres a bunch of factors but the way the points system works you have to sign a player thats close to equal value to really hurt the loss

14 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Theres a bunch of factors but the way the points system works you have to sign a player thats close to equal value to really hurt the loss

I am sorry. You are correct.   It is not collective amount.  One by one until there is no more to cancel out each other. Factoring performance of "alive" players in to determine which compensatory picks.

Right now, Tyrod Taylor is the highest signing and Bryce Huff is the highest loss.  Both are cancelled each other out.  Jets need one team to sign one of them for 9m to match Taylor's to restore Huff's status. I think.

Edited by JetsandI

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Lets vote RFK jr.  Put Rodgers on the exempt list to save salary cap somewhat. lol

Lol let's do it. He annoyed me before becoming a Jet but he has gotten worse. Our owner is Trump's buddy. We're going to hear about that during the season. 

I think this is will definitely push us to drafting a QB early or trade for one. Can't risk falling out of QB range in next year's draft and not having anyone at all. Then we'll have to prepare for AVT, sauce, Hall, and Wilson's contracts. Get a QB on a rookie contract and build him to win. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think this is will definitely push us to drafting a QB early or trade for one. Can't risk falling out of QB range in next year's draft and not having anyone at all. Then we'll have to prepare for AVT, sauce, Hall, and Wilson's contracts. Get a QB on a rookie contract and build him to win. 

We were looking at Bo Nix today I believe….dont like the player but I wouldn’t be surprised if we were in the QB market

• Like 1