F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

2 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

People are citing poor pass rush win rates and poor PFF grades. I don't really love the way pass rush win rates are calculated, and PFF grades are a collection of subjective grades done but numerous people that may or may not know what they're talking about.

I don't know a ton about him aside from seeing some quick analysis clips.

I have read the opposite and since I have not watched him play, I will have to defer to others as long as there is something to back up why he is good or no good.  Time will tell but having a backup punter play in place of Tomlinson would still be an upgrade.  Here is a link to an analysis of Simpson:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/03/12/ny-jets-john-simpson-breakdown-film-stats/

18 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If you think getting a 4th round comp pick for Bryce Huff is "best case scenario," then believe that. In reality, it is an absolute cluster**** of asset management.

There is no way the Jets could afford Huff when you have Sauce, Wilson and others coming up soon. McD was drafted to replace him. I think McD is going to not just be better but a lot better. He is quicker, faster and bends better than Huff. Also the eagles way over paid for him. The eagles are in a free fall and this was a knee jerk reaction after losing Kelce and Cox. 

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

There is no way the Jets could afford Huff when you have Sauce, Wilson and others coming up soon. McD was drafted to replace him. I think McD is going to not just be better but a lot better. He is quicker, faster and bends better than Huff. Also the eagles way over paid for him. The eagles are in a free fall and this was a knee jerk reaction after losing Kelce and Cox. 

Very unique thought!

13 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Why are we always the team that can’t afford our own guys but got money to spend on Allen Lazard and Carl Lawson?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

It’s still poor asset management.

Douglas did a poor job with Huff, whether you agree or not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Whether you want to believe it or not, the Jets are NOT an attractive FA destination, at all.

Of course they aren't - Nate Hackett and Keith Carter are viewed as actual jokes in the league

TBD on Saleh

Poor asset management on Huff, I agree with. But the minute Will McDonald is your first-rounder last year, then re-signing Huff became a luxury and not a priority. I never wanted McDonald, but he looks like a good pick so far. Now we get to see more of him, which is the way it should be.

Simpson, Taylor and Kinlaw are solid to start the free agent process.

Now we need Tyron Smith and Calvin Ridley/Hollywood Brown to make day 2 a home run.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Poor asset management on Huff, I agree with. But the minute Will McDonald is your first-rounder last year, then re-signing Huff became a luxury and not a priority. I never wanted McDonald, but he looks like a good pick so far. Now we get to see more of him, which is the way it should be.

Now we need Tyron Smith and Calvin Ridley/Hollywood Brown to make day 2 a home run.

hard pass on Brown.  Smith or Ridley or even both would be swell.

Jets should trade Huff last year after Huff said no hometown discount.  What a putz!

30 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

What happened to emphasizing home grown players, especially a UDFA!!, signing for second contracts. That was a huge point of emphasis with Q. Now that doesn’t matter. 

And the way the defense is built is they are supposed to “come in waves.”  What waves do we have now? JJ, unproven McDonald, fat Clemons and fat JFM. McDonald should have been replacing Lawson, not Huff. 

Even if Huff busts in Philly we know what he was for us. Him, JJ and WMD would have been a good trio to build around going forward. JJ and WMD have 3 and 4 years left in their rookie deals. EDGE is vital in our defense and we let our best walk for nothing while a Super Bowl contender sees the value in him.

• Like 2