F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

Anyone know of Andrus Peat has fallen off or if he's still good? I've been a fan of his most of his career but haven't paid much attention to the Saints recently.

Always hurt

Maybe I'm wrong but there still seems to be a lot of talent out there on OL. I think we'll be alright waiting it out and getting a second tier guy.

Jonah Williams

George Fant

Donovan Smith

Andrus Peat

Kevin Zeitler

Michael Dunn

Dalton Risner

Lloyd Cushenberry

Tyron Smith

David Bahktiari (I guess)

I really want to see the Jets land Ridley in FA or trade for Diontae Johnson or Tee Higgins. There's a big drop off after those guys. You're basically not finding quality starters at WR otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but there still seems to be a lot of talent out there on OL. I think we'll be alright waiting it out and getting a second tier guy.

Jonah Williams

George Fant

Donovan Smith

Andrus Peat

Kevin Zeitler

Michael Dunn

Dalton Risner

Lloyd Cushenberry

Tyron Smith

David Bahktiari (I guess)

I really want to see the Jets land Ridley in FA or trade for Diontae Johnson or Tee Higgins. There's a big drop off after those guys. You're basically not finding quality starters at WR otherwise.

Cushenberry is gone. He already signed.

I like the list you have. I'm also VERY happy we let Huff go. No way is he worth 51 mill for 3 years. The guy only plays 3rd down. That is a reach for Philly. I just have a feeling Philly is going the wrong way and are going to lose more games this year and be in cap hell in a few years. These prices for some of these guys is crazy. I still want Tyron Smith but will take Jonah Williams if we miss on Smith. I think picking up Zeitler would be great too. This would lock down one of the G spots. I really don't want Fant. I think he is a backup swing T at this point and I would rather roll out with Becton than him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Guess we’re sitting out wave one. Hopefully we get a few bargains after the dust settles. 

I don't mind sitting out right now. Most of the guys signing i could careless about. That means more teams will have less money to work with on the second wave and June 1 cuts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Look at this see of top FA who won SB or were ever successful with their new team. Reggie White with GB, Drew Brees with Saints, Peyton Manning with Denver, Deion Sanders with the Cowboys, Kurt Warner with the Cards, Charles Woodson with GB.  Curtis Martin, with the Jets, Shannon Sharpe, with Baltimore. And there is more if you want them I will give you more. Your post was way off on this & most of the time you do a very good job. I have my bad days also.

Anything from this century?  All good players but the real fact is that teams that dive heavy into FA on day 1 rarely have it work out for them. That said, a team that is a QB away, like Denver, it makes sense. I like the Falcons move to get Cousins.

But let’s just stick with the Jets. How has our big money, day 1 FA’s work out?  They haven’t. JD does a decent job with the Tier 2 FA’s.