F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

One Adams is enough. lol

Anyway, I am greatly afraid of Jets being not able to trade Zach Wilson away.

Justin Fields and Mac Jones were taken outside top 10 so their salaries are manageable whilst Wilson being overall #2 makes it difficult for another team to accept the trade without discount. 

The best they will get for Wilson is something like a late round swap and probably have to eat some of the salary. No one is paying that number.

12 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The best they will get for Wilson is something like a late round swap and probably have to eat some of the salary. No one is paying that number.

Salary dump usually costs late day 3 or future late pick. If Jets want something better then they have to cover 3/4 of his base salary.

We have to hope that one of the teams in on Cousins, Mayfield, Russell Wilson et al come up empty in the early stages of free agency. 

That helps us two-fold:

a) perhaps that team would have interest in moving up to pick No. 10, which could really benefit us

or

b) perhaps that team would view Zach Wilson as a backup option on the cheap.

I am not optimistic that anyone has any interest in Wilson at this point. What a sad, sad state of affairs. That stain on Douglas's resume cannot go away.

Kirk Cousins a Falcon may be more likely.   Russell Wilson will sign with a team as last resort I think.   Baker Mayfield could stay with Buccaneers.

Teams to watch for trading up to get qb are probably Raiders, Saints, Vikings, Broncos and Seahawks.

I get good feeling that Raiders may sign Jacoby Brissett.  Saints and Seahawks could spend 1st round qb as a developmental qb or not.  Vikings and Broncos are hunting for new and viable qb.

Jets may find a trading partner for Zach Wilson once whoever fails to land either Spencer Rattler or Michael Pratt on day 2.  fingers crossed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Kirk Cousins a Falcon may be more likely.   Russell Wilson will sign with a team as last resort I think.   Baker Mayfield could stay with Buccaneers.

Teams to watch for trading up to get qb are probably Raiders, Saints, Vikings, Broncos and Seahawks.

I get good feeling that Raiders may sign Jacoby Brissett.  Saints and Seahawks could spend 1st round qb as a developmental qb or not.  Vikings and Broncos are hunting for new and viable qb.

Jets may find a trading partner for Zach Wilson once whoever fails to land either Spencer Rattler or Michael Pratt on day 2.  fingers crossed.

I think the Raiders moving up from 13 to 10 would be a great spot for the Jets to grab a T at 13 and get some draft picks back. I think Rattler does not even get drafted. His combine was just not good but awful. His throws were way off. I like the Jets to grab him as a UDFA and put him in camp too see if he can make the PT. I do agree that there will be a team left out in the cold that will take a chance on Wilson. Heck I could see something like Jets move pick 10 and Wilson to the Raiders for pick 13 and their second round pick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Raiders moving up from 13 to 10 would be a great spot for the Jets to grab a T at 13 and get some draft picks back. I think Rattler does not even get drafted. His combine was just not good but awful. His throws were way off. I like the Jets to grab him as a UDFA and put him in camp too see if he can make the PT. I do agree that there will be a team left out in the cold that will take a chance on Wilson. Heck I could see something like Jets move pick 10 and Wilson to the Raiders for pick 13 and their second round pick. 

I wish it will happen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I wish it will happen.

Thats what dreams are made of nobody is going to give up a fairly high second round pick just to move up from 13 to 10 in the first round. If we still had the fifth overall pick in the draft yes that could be done, but we blow that when we beat NE in the last game of the season. Nobody wants that second round pick in the 2024 draft than me, but its ant's going to happen.

Edited by doumeyer

Eagles are shopping Josh Sweats and Haason Reddick.

Chargers are shopping Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.

Josh Allen and Brian Burns are being franchised.

Danielle Hunter and Chris Young are top UFA.

DJ Wonnum and Mike Danna are ascending pass rushers who may be ideal for bargain deals.

All of above have played more than half of season snaps while Bryce Huff has yet to meet the snap percentage.  Very interesting to see what will be of his contract.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Eagles are shopping Josh Sweats and Haason Reddick.

Chargers are shopping Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.

Josh Allen and Brian Burns are being franchised.

Danielle Hunter and Chris Young are top UFA.

DJ Wonnum and Mike Danna are ascending pass rushers who may be ideal for bargain deals.

All of above have played more than half of season snaps while Bryce Huff has yet to meet the snap percentage.  Very interesting to see what will be of his contract.

We hope its north of 20 mill per year so we can have a shot at a 3rd compensatory. I doubt we have any free agents targeted that would cost more than that considering outr cap situation so thats best case.

• Like 1

Scratch Andre James off.  3 years 24m max re signing.

I guess we could try Damien Lewis with Tippmann and Vera Tucker at C and RG, respectively.   10-13m over 2 years should be done.  finger crossed.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:51 PM, GangGreen420 said:

I hope I am wrong, but I have a lousy feeling about this FA period this year. I will we shock if we pick up a top FA player. Just trying to get rid of Zach Wilson, is becoming a problem. All the so-called experts say the best we can get for Wilson is a low fifth round pick or a six-round pick. Plus, it will cost us cap money. And what is the deal with Bryce Huff? he is too good a Pass rusher to lose to FA.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I hope I am wrong, but I have a lousy feeling about this FA period this year. I will we shock if we pick up a top FA player. Just trying to get rid of Zach Wilson, is becoming a problem. All the so-called experts say the best we can get for Wilson is a low fifth round pick or a six-round pick. Plus, it will cost us cap money. And what is the deal with Bryce Huff? he is too good a Pass rusher to lose to FA.

I disagree with Huff. He is a nice player but he is just a 3rd down guy. I wanted a tag and trade deal but probably JD had a good read that no one was trading for him. There have even been reports that his number is around 12-14 mill per year not the close to 20 mill a year. I want him gone so McD can take his reps and put up 15 plus sacks a year instead of the 10 Huff puts up. The jets will get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him next year when he signs so they kind of get a draft pick for him in the comp part. 

• Like 1

Before i get into the FA market let me say what is on my mind. Do you realize that the Jets have had only ONE winning season in the last thirteen years, and that was the Rex Ryan team in 2015. And half you people were still diapers back then.

THE FA MARKET, how many years has it been since we sign a top FA player? The days of signing players like Alan Faneca, Eric Decker, Kevin Mawae, Vinny Testaverde, Curtis Martin & Wayne Chebret was a undrafted FA. are all in the pass.

WHAT MAKE ANYBODY THINK THIS YEARS IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT