F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

7 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

David Bakhtiari is officially available. It is good to have more options on the market.

For the right deal, I think he's a great backup plan. He can at least hold the position until a rookie is ready and we wouldn't be completely screwed if we didn't land a top-2 LT in the draft. 

Tyron Smith is still my #1 FA target but I'm pretty open minded. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Teams who get top FA's are teams that are bad and poorly run.  Personally, I like JD's approach to FA.  What I do not like are the players he chooses.  JD seems to do better with low key signings than the splashy deals.  I will be thrilled if we come away with a starting LT, starting OG, backup QB, and #2 WR.

Look at this see of top FA who won SB or were ever successful with their new team. Reggie White with GB, Drew Brees with Saints, Peyton Manning with Denver, Deion Sanders with the Cowboys, Kurt Warner with the Cards, Charles Woodson with GB.  Curtis Martin, with the Jets, Shannon Sharpe, with Baltimore. And there is more if you want them I will give you more. Your post was way off on this & most of the time you do a very good job. I have my bad days also.

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Look at this see of top FA who won SB or were ever successful with their new team. Reggie White with GB, Drew Brees with Saints, Peyton Manning with Denver, Deion Sanders with the Cowboys, Kurt Warner with the Cards, Charles Woodson with GB.  Curtis Martin, with the Jets, Shannon Sharpe, with Baltimore. And there is more if you want them I will give you more. Your post was way off on this & most of the time you do a very good job. I have my bad days also.

He’s not wrong you just named the exceptions to the norm

Tyron Smith is a must period. Sign him to a 2 year like 20-30 mill. We are not getting a better LT than him. Then you can have a rookie and Warren go at the RT side. Heck You sign Smith and 1 of the 3 WR falls to the Jets at 10 would be great too. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Tyron Smith is a must period. Sign him to a 2 year like 20-30 mill. We are not getting a better LT than him. Then you can have a rookie and Warren go at the RT side. Heck You sign Smith and 1 of the 3 WR falls to the Jets at 10 would be great too. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

For the right deal, I think he's a great backup plan. He can at least hold the position until a rookie is ready and we wouldn't be completely screwed if we didn't land a top-2 LT in the draft. 

Tyron Smith is still my #1 FA target but I'm pretty open minded. 

Since Eagles sign Huff for small price, Jets are better off signing David Bakhtiari instead of Tyron Smith if you really care about 2025 compensatory pick.

The Jets expected Mcdonald to take Huffs role all along and he will fill it well. 

On a side not, 17 mill per year that can be as high as 20.5 mill. if he hits the numbers and gets ove r20 will we still get the 3rd or are we getting a 4th regardless now?

I dont think we have enough space to spend 17 mill on any 1 player 

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Since Eagles sign Huff for small price, Jets are better off signing David Bakhtiari instead of Tyron Smith if you really care about 2025 compensatory pick.

Lol I don't care about that. We need this Rodgers experiment to work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetfan8178 said:

The Jets expected Mcdonald to take Huffs role all along and he will fill it well. 

On a side not, 17 mill per year that can be as high as 20.5 mill. if he hits the numbers and gets ove r20 will we still get the 3rd or are we getting a 4th regardless now?

I dont think we have enough space to spend 17 mill on any 1 player 

Jets re sign PK.. That shows Jets won't make a big splash in this FA.   Easy read, really. heh.