F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I still don’t understand how Legette is going Day 3 on a bunch of mocks. I really like him and Polk Round 3. Grab Fashanu then one of them and I think we have two starters. 

Honestly, I think XL is a first round talent. Probably not at 10, but I'll draft him anywhere and be happy.

• Like 1

OTC said 26m cap space for Jets now.  Minus about 10.7m for draft coverage.   Minus 5m for emergency.

10m to spend on new addition.   DJ Reed has final year on contract so Jets can extend his contract up to 30 years old to shave down about 6-7m if need.

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Honestly, I think XL is a first round talent. Probably not at 10, but I'll draft him anywhere and be happy.

Legette is bad at from LOS to catch point.   In NFL, he should not get lazy during running routes.   If that values him truly then we should be happy to get him in 4th round if available.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Legette is bad at from LOS to catch point.   In NFL, he should not get lazy during running routes.   If that values him truly then we should be happy to get him in 4th round if available.

I honestly don't see lazy route running at all. He may not be Garrett Wilson, we've seen guys with his style succeed in the NFL in recent years. He probably won't be up there with Harrison, but I think he will be one of the top-4 best performing WRs in this class. 

Eagles just picked up Kenny Pickett for a pick swap and a 2025 7th! 

One, we’re not getting anything for Zach. 

Two, that would have been a nice move for us. Let Pickett be the one sitting and learning behind Rodgers. I know he’s not great by any means but would have been worth a shot. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I wonder what if Jets didn't draft Will McDonald in 1st last year.   Think Jets could afford to retain Huff?

No he was a going no matter what. The eaglea WAY over paid for him. I was reading most teams where thinking as low as 12 mill a year to as high as 15 mil a year. Even at that price he is not worth it. Lets not act like 10 sacks is a huge number. It is like 1,000 yards rushing. That is no longer a good number with 17 games being played. He is a situation pass rusher who is not very good at all stopping the run. JD saw this coming and grabbed McD to replace him. I had McD as the best pass rusher of the draft and he sat most of last year to learn and get bigger. This is a great move because good teams replace players they draft a year or 2 before they go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I wonder what if Jets didn't draft Will McDonald in 1st last year.   Think Jets could afford to retain Huff?

Definitely would have extended him, was our best pass rusher on the edge. I have high hopes for McDonald and definitely think it’s smart to draft replacements before you need them rather than after but still time will tell.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 1:22 PM, NJerseypaint said:

Ridder to the Cards. Wonder what the comp is since it's likely that will set the market for ZW. Hoping it’s a 4th or better.

A 4th? We’ll be lucky to unload Wilson in a swap of 7th round picks 

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think once they sign DB/TS they turn to a WR at 10

That is my fear. Neither will play out the season. It will be Brown all over again. We not only need a young, talented OT to play when they inevitably go down but we will need a future OT. The idea that an old broken OT will work out for us is the same plan that has not worked in forever. And no, a 3rd round pick is not a good plan. Not for this team.

Get another OT to play on the left side. Draft an OT at 10. JD needs to fix this ******* thing already and stop dicking around. 

29 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

No ones trading for Wilson. We’re just gonna cut him

Cutting him saves us nothing and leaves $11M in dead money.  The Jets are losing $11M whether he stays or goes. Might as well keep him unless a roster spot is needed. Maybe another team will get desperate before or during the season. I do not think he is eligible for PS. 

I am glad i went to the Beach today, came home and find you guys did absolutely nothing. No FA pickup. No trades. All we got so far is our own players signing up. And a 33  year old offensive tackle that we had on our roster once before. At least we got a very good backup QB in Tyrone Taylor. And we got a bag of peanuts for Huff. What the hell is our front office doing? One of the people on our board say it looks like the Jets are building a team to win now for Rodgers, and you know he could be right.

Edited by doumeyer