F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

20 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

Id love to trade down with indy, dump zach on them then grab Bowers at 15, Penix at 46 and D Walker at 72. 

Theres plenty of second tier tackles in the 4th and 5th like Sataoa Laumea and Roger Rosengarten we could draft

Rosengarten will be gone in the second, or early 3rd round.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I think all Jet fans have had a full belly of second tier players.

Most rosters are made up of second and third tier players. The failure by the Jets is developing those players and putting them in position to succeed. The Jets have failed miserably, at least on O, in that arena. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Most rosters are made up of second and third tier players. The failure by the Jets is developing those players and putting them in position to succeed. The Jets have failed miserably, at least on O, in that arena. 

To tell you the truth I have no idea how much time any pro team has in developing players. Maybe guys on the scout team, I know they have coaches for everything. Maybe they feel by the time a players get thru college he should know how to block and tackle.

I love that the Vikings are moving up for a QB. With fields gone from Chicago, Howell from Washington and Mac from NE we are looking at 4+ QBs going in the top 10 picks. That pushes some talent players down to our slot. Could mean a great value pick or a nice trade out spot.

12 hours ago, drew39k said:

I love that the Vikings are moving up for a QB. With fields gone from Chicago, Howell from Washington and Mac from NE we are looking at 4+ QBs going in the top 10 picks. That pushes some talent players down to our slot. Could mean a great value pick or a nice trade out spot.

I really believe if there were seven good QBs in the2024 draft . You would have 7 QBs picked in the top 10 this year. But you are right we should get a top player at 10.

19 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I think all Jet fans have had a full belly of second tier players.

While I agree with you on the whole, before an injury he was considered 1st round talent. He also impressed at the combine. But my response was to one of our other fan's that he could be had in the 4-5th round. 

For three long years I have been crying like a baby for run blocking offensive lineman, because we could not block anybody, For Breese Hall it was like running into a brick wall. HOWEVER, WITH the PICKUP OF Tyron Smith & John Simpson, that should change. Simpson who is a so so pass blocker, but an outstanding run blocker.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN.

30 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

For three long years I have been crying like a baby for run blocking offensive lineman, because we could not block anybody, For Breese Hall it was like running into a brick wall. HOWEVER, WITH the PICKUP OF Tyron Smith & John Simpson, that should change. Simpson who is a so so pass blocker, but an outstanding run blocker.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN.

Simpson was actually one of the better pass blocking OG in the league, only let up 1 sack last year

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Simpson was actually one of the better pass blocking OG in the league, only let up 1 sack last year

DR O THAT IS EVEN BETTER NEWS, I saw where had had him rated not that high as a pass rusher. But that's ok  i will take your word over there's.

42 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

DR O THAT IS EVEN BETTER NEWS, I saw where had had him rated not that high as a pass rusher. But that's ok  i will take your word over there's.

The issue with Simpson is penalties. He was the most penalized OG in the NFL last year and 3rd among all OL. 

• Like 1

I dont know if Simpson's penalty issue is related to Lamar Jackson's too much mobility but he lost his cause before joined with Ravens.  Consider this as one year experience. Let's see if he can keep yellow flag inside ref's pocket for majority of time.

Edited by JetsandI

Talks now are that the Pats are looking at JJ for number 3 pick. JJ is going top 10 for sure I think. Williams, Daniels, Maye, JJ are all going top 10 and maybe Penix or Bo Nix make a big jump in top 10 too.