The Book on John DeFilippo

WindyCity

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

In a world of non-slam dunk coaching candidates I think Flip is an interesting one.

Nagy still probably tops my list.

An interesting name for OC or QB coach is Tom Clements. He didn't coach this year as the Packers didn't renew his contract. But a longtime QB, successfully QB coach and someone who helped Aaron's rodgers develop.

I think Clements would be an amazing add as a QB coach...pretty great as an OC too with an offensive minded HC...his experience would really add something...good call.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Clements would be an amazing add as a QB coach...pretty great as an OC too with an offensive minded HC...his experience would really add something...good call.

Good chance our HC is under 40 with limited/no play calling experience.

His experience would be a huge add.

I love what the Rams do on offense. I want to wrap myself in it and snuggle. It is the most impressive offensive design in the NFL.

Lafleur needs to convince me that he can implement and call it. 

He also needs to impress me with who he is bringing as OC and more importantly DC.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

So we should keep on that track? Dude your becoming laughable ?

*you're

Not at all, just pointing out that we actually are closer to being the Cleveland Browns than, say, the Green Bay Packers.

Try to keep up -_-

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Try not getting locked in to one idea and not being able to see the forrest for the trees...give it a few weeks and you will be drving yet another train.

I'm not. Unlike you I'm actually taking the time to research these prospective candidates, learning as much as I can about them, and then making my decision.

I still like McDaniels the most but that's not happening. Why keep beating that drum if there is 0% chance of it happening?

I've been consistent on DeFilippo for a while now... but you go ahead and keep saying he isn't currently a QB coach (wrong) and that you think he doesn't have more direct involvement with Wentz than Pederson or Reich (extremely wrong).

Seriously, the level at which you are uninformed, and then your smug attitude attached to it, is a bad look.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I love what the Rams do on offense. I want to wrap myself in it and snuggle. It is the most impressive offensive design in the NFL.

Lafleur needs to convince me that he can implement and call it. 

He also needs to impress me with who he is bringing as OC and more importantly DC.

Just spitballing here... but Flip has a history with Greg Olson, who is currently the QB coach for the Rams. Would he be an interesting move as OC?

30 minutes ago, G08 said:

Just spitballing here... but Flip has a history with Greg Olson, who is currently the QB coach for the Rams. Would he be an interesting move as OC?

I don't think they crossed paths in Oakland.

But Musgraves and he worked together and that is another guy with a ton of play calling experience.

53 minutes ago, G08 said:

*you're

Not at all, just pointing out that we actually are closer to being the Cleveland Browns than, say, the Green Bay Packers.

Try to keep up -_-

And like I said your solution is to bring in coaches who failed there...sounds like a plan ?

51 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm not. Unlike you I'm actually taking the time to research these prospective candidates, learning as much as I can about them, and then making my decision.

I still like McDaniels the most but that's not happening. Why keep beating that drum if there is 0% chance of it happening?

I've been consistent on DeFilippo for a while now... but you go ahead and keep saying he isn't currently a QB coach (wrong) and that you think he doesn't have more direct involvement with Wentz than Pederson or Reich (extremely wrong).

Seriously, the level at which you are uninformed, and then your smug attitude attached to it, is a bad look.

No one said he didn't have as much direct contact...I simply said we don't know who is doing ehat with 3 QB focused coaches on that staff...but you just keep trying to push your belief...until it changes...again ?

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No one said he didn't have as much direct contact...I simply said we don't know who is doing ehat with 3 QB focused coaches on that staff...but you just keep trying to push your belief...until it changes...again ?

Just because you don't know who is doing what doesn't mean that the rest of us don't. Read; seriously, all that information is out there. Go on the Eagles' board and read, it's there.

But again, you're the same dude that tried to argue our 5Ts don't two-gap even after I quoted John Fox saying that we do, so I'm not the least bit surprised that you're uninformed and acting like it's the gospel.

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

Just because you don't know who is doing what doesn't mean that the rest of us don't. Read; seriously, all that information is out there. Go on the Eagles' board and read, it's there.

But again, you're the same dude that tried to argue our 5Ts don't two-gap even after I quoted John Fox saying that we do, so I'm not the least bit surprised that you're uninformed and acting like it's the gospel.

Better yet go to wikipedia ?

The 39-year-old DeFilippo isn’t a conventional choice since Frank Reich holds the title of offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, but talk to people around the Eagles organization on a daily basis, and they say no one has been more instrumental in Wentz’s development than DeFilippo, who’s also worked for the Browns, Raiders, Jets and Giants.

Archived