Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wish I would have locked up Addison, but signing Laporta, Zay and Levis last year instead of waiting this year is going to be huge. I think Laporta was like $10. I think right now he's like $40. 

jordan love for $2 remains the best value in the league.

Too bad I have some other bad contracts (fields for $50+)

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wonder if they go Alt in the draft if Harrison is gone

Maybe, but I'd go wide receiver first, tackle second. I like the top 3 receivers with a big drop. 

They can trade up from their second first round pick and get a nice tackle.

They pick 4, 27 and 35. They are in a really nice spot

The 49ers are sending a seventh-round pick, No. 232, to the Houston Texans as part of Wednesday’s trade for Collins. A day earlier, it seemed as if the 49ers and Texans had a player-for-player deal in place — Armstead for Collins — but it fell apart after the Texans agreed to terms with edge rusher Danielle Hunter, per a source with briefed on the situation. The 49ers instead cut Armstead on Wednesday.

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers are sending a seventh-round pick, No. 232, to the Houston Texans as part of Wednesday’s trade for Collins. A day earlier, it seemed as if the 49ers and Texans had a player-for-player deal in place — Armstead for Collins — but it fell apart after the Texans agreed to terms with edge rusher Danielle Hunter, per a source with briefed on the situation. The 49ers instead cut Armstead on Wednesday.

This doesn't make sense to me. Trading Armstead would have only saved SF ~$2M unless they waited until June 1st to complete the trade.

4 minutes ago, struby3 said:

This doesn't make sense to me. Trading Armstead would have only saved SF ~$2M unless they waited until June 1st to complete the trade.

Yeah, but no dead money next year, so I would have been okay with that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but no dead money next year, so I would have been okay with that

But we likely need the savings this year to be able to sign the FAs and eventual draft picks. Unless they just restructured the contracts of others. I guess in the end it would all just even out.

• Like 1

Just now, struby3 said:

But we likely need the savings this year to be able to sign the FAs and eventual draft picks. Unless they just restructured the contracts of others. I guess in the end it would all just even out.

Yep. Would have just worked it around. AA doesn't do anything to help us with free agents this year anyway.  Only the rookie class (or free agents signed after June)