Titans to sign Tony Pollard

I like Pollard but I'm confused why the contract is bigger than every other RB outside of Saquon.  Is Pollard really worth more than Ekeler?  I hate seeing Henry sign for less than we spent on Pollard but I get that our offense is likely moving in a different direction.

1 minute ago, titanrick said:

I like Pollard but I'm confused why the contract is bigger than every other RB outside of Saquon.  Is Pollard really worth more than Ekeler?  I hate seeing Henry sign for less than we spent on Pollard but I get that our offense is likely moving in a different direction.

He's also two years younger than Ekeler, too. In RB years, that's something.

3 minutes ago, titanrick said:

did you see ekeler play last year?? dude is absolutely washed

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

did you see ekeler play last year?? dude is absolutely washed

His stats were way down. I wouldn’t consider him washed yet but the Commanders may not help his case much. 

OK, that's not as bad as I thought.  Pollard is a good player and all, but I wasn't super happy about choosing to pay a RB that wasn't Derrick Henry.  Especially on a longer contract for what looked like more money.

Still wish they'd just have kept Derrick or spent the money elsewhere, but I'm not mad about it.

10 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I feel like we have so much money left. I feel like we will get one big bomb drop at some point.

I feel like we ought to have at least one more splash signing.  After that, we've got an entire WR room, LB room, and IDL room to fill out.  Gonna take a lot of signings to get that many players added, especially if they aren't scrubs.  And 2 DLs, 2 WRs, a S, and an LB will take a lot of cash, and then there are vets we may still want to add at CB, TE, or Edge, so that could be it.

I see a lot of people knocking the move because Pollard and Spears have similar skillsets. Call me crazy, but is that a bad thing? They can both play 3 downs, and it makes us way less predictable? Don't really need a power back in today's NFL.

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I feel like we have so much money left. I feel like we will get one big bomb drop at some point.

Biggest one would obviously be Sneed, which might be what they're waiting for, and low key I think it'll happen.