Vikings sign Sam Darnold

NYRaider

The contract isn’t 1 year at $10M; it is 1 year up to $10M.  This is probably a contract with high incentives based on playing time and production.

I don’t hate the move.  He was stuck on an Adam Gase offense with the world’s greatest WR, Robbie “Chosen” Anderson, most of his career.  The Robbie Anderson followed him to Carolina as well.  Sure he had DJ Moore in Carolina, but that team as a whole still wasn’t very great.  I don’t think he will magically become elite or anything, but his supporting cast in MN will be significantly better than anything he ever had in New York or Carolina.

9 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I don’t know why but I continue to drink the “I think Sam Darnold can be a legit QB in this league” Kool-Aid. No idea why I am apparently a fan of this guy.   

It's always great when people are self aware of their own flaws. 

• Like 2

Just now, goldfishwars said:

And it’s dead right tbf. If the Vikings/Broncos/Raiders are in on JJ then they can’t afford for him to reach NYG at 6.

Ive said it in other places and i will say it again i like JJ as a player just not at that cost.

Whats your feeling of what the Pats will do at #3? Im holding out hope theyre open to trading the pick.

Darnold probably won't get better chance than this for resurrecting his career. JJ + Hockenson + Addison + Aaron Jones is very good set of weapons and Vikings also finally have a good OLine in pass protection. If Darnold doesn't look competent in this offense, then he's done. Most realistic scenario is Vikings drafting a QB and slowly taking over from Darnold as season progresses