Vikings sign RB Aaron Jones

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Kparty15 said:

The Vikings aren’t in a rebuilding year.  They are loading up on free agents and are going to trade up in the draft for a day 1 starting QB.

Oh, so not JJ McCarthy!

3 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

The Vikings aren’t in a rebuilding year.  They are loading up on free agents and are going to trade up in the draft for a day 1 starting QB.

Id be surprised if this were true. KOC is a believer in development and sounds like whoever they draft will sit for the year.

1 minute ago, Kparty15 said:

Signing Sam Darnold and drafting a rookie is undoubtedly a rebuilding year for the Vikings. They are literally rebuilding their QB room while in a division with a Lions team that is a Super Bowl contender, a Packers team that seems to have struck gold once again at QB, and a Bears team that is about to take one of the best QB prospects in years in the NFL draft. The absolute best case scenario for the Vikings right now is to trade up for JJ McCarthy who is still young and developing, but will likely need time to adapt to the pro game. Meaning Sam Darnold is likely leading the Vikings to start the season

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He's a traitor. 

Feels like ex packers are always quick to come over to the Vikings when they are cut. Off the top of my head: Brett Favre, Javon Walker, Robert Furgeson, Ryan Longwell, Greg Jennings, Darren Sharper, Dean Lowry, Z. Smith, etc. 

Cant think of a Viking that has gone to the packers 

Edited by Nbanflguy

1 minute ago, Nbanflguy said:

Feels like ex packers are always quick to come over to the Vikings when they are cut. Off the top of my head: Brett Favre, Javon Walker, Robert Furgeson, Ryan Longwell, Greg Jennings, Darren Sharper, etc. 

Cant think of a Viking that has gone to the packers 

You're forgetting one "Koren Robinson" sir.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Bummed he's not leaving the NFC North, but I do enjoy the salty packers fans 

I thought for sure yesterday he was a great compliment to Jacobs and best duo in the league (prior to being cut) to being completely washed and useless now lol

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

As a locker room/community guy, there's none better than Aaron Jones.

And he's a pretty darned good running back who is also very good at running routes.  Doesn't really have breakaway speed anymore, but he is fast enough and his acceleration is excellent, to go along with his vision.  Just don't run him into the ground, he's not a high volume RB right now.  Keep him fresh.

I'm still upset that GB couldn't find $7M to pay him this season.  This seems like a great contract for AJ33 even if he is a little more injury prone now.

Vikes are better for this move....GB is worse with this move.

He will go down as one of my favorite Packers.

I appreciate the honest feedback!

• Like 2

The Vikings are likely back to being an decent roster without a good QB assuming JJ is playing. Defence will improve with scheme/signing. Offense is good, minus QB.

if they draft a QB in April, hopefully he can step in later in the year after half a season of seasoning. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

As a locker room/community guy, there's none better than Aaron Jones.

And he's a pretty darned good running back who is also very good at running routes.  Doesn't really have breakaway speed anymore, but he is fast enough and his acceleration is excellent, to go along with his vision.  Just don't run him into the ground, he's not a high volume RB right now.  Keep him fresh.

I'm still upset that GB couldn't find $7M to pay him this season.  This seems like a great contract for AJ33 even if he is a little more injury prone now.

Vikes are better for this move....GB is worse with this move.

He will go down as one of my favorite Packers.

I  don't know if we are worse  replacing Jones with Jacobs.  Jones is long in the tooth for a RB.  But I agree, he will be remembered fondly by Packers fans.