Raiders release WR Hunter Renfrow

He had a good run, one of the better picks of the Gruden era. Never was the same after that Simmons hit. I thought he was going shine in Mcdaniels offense but was an afterthought. Another McDaniels burial, he might bounce back. I still think he can be one of the best slots in the league in the right fit

35 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Thought he was going to explode in McDummys offense 

20 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Same. Truly surprised it never materialized 

Yeah, I did as well. But the more you think about it, McDaniels runs an offense that needs to be on script; everyone in the right place at the right time.

Renfrow has the quickness and agility, but some of his best work was done as the plays broke down and Carr could find him while on the fly. Which doesn't fit as well with a McDaniels system as you'd originally think.

I think he's a better player than he's shown these last couple of years, and will probably have a good season (likely in New Orleans) in 2024. Not too disappointed he's gone, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah, I did as well. But the more you think about it, McDaniels runs an offense that needs to be on script; everyone in the right place at the right time.

Renfrow has the quickness and agility, but some of his best work was done as the plays broke down and Carr could find him while on the fly. Which doesn't fit as well with a McDaniels system as you'd originally think.

I think he's a better player than he's shown these last couple of years, and will probably have a good season (likely in New Orleans) in 2024. Not too disappointed he's gone, though.

if he's smart he would go to Buffalo, KC, New Orleans on a prove it deal. Could get paid next year. So only 5 starters remain from the 2022 Playoff team: Miller, James, Maxx, Moehrig, Fracyson

Edited by Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

He had a good run, one of the better picks of the Gruden era. Never was the same after that Simmons hit. I thought he was going shine in Mcdaniels offense but was an afterthought. Another McDaniels burial, he might bounce back. I still think he can be one of the best slots in the league in the right fit

Was coming here to write the about that hit. Maybe NO reunite with your boy.