Falcons trade QB Desmond Ridder to Cardinals for WR Rondale Moore

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Only it might actually be true this year.

Man don't do this...I think most people will have the Falcons winning the division (I definitely will be), and yes they have offensive talent - but top 10 would be awesome for this team and something more realistic

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's time for Ridder to finally realize his potential and become a top-10 all-time QB.

Top 10? He's already top 3.

If you take all of his good plays (there is no such thing as a bad Desmond Ridder play) and make them into elite plays, then it's literally impossible for him to throw an interception, let alone an incomplete pass.

I kind of figured Ridder would stay, when it looked like Atlanta might be going after Fields as their starter.  That would've made sense.  But once they landed Cousins...it doesn't make as much sense to just keep a guy like Ridder who has already proven he's not gonna get the job done.  Might as well draft a guy to develop behind Kirk at that point i guess.  So you can at least pretend to have some sort of succession plan in place behind your 36 year old QB.

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Lol of course... but I was more so curious if this means they are losing faith in him, and what the longer term plan is with him now. 

That's like asking if the Chargers were losing faith in Herbert because they drafted Max Duggan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So the Falcons still need a WR2, but they got WR3 and WR4 covered. 

8 hours ago, scar988 said:

And after re-signing KhaDarel Hodge WR5 as well. But agreed.

I'd imagine Pitts will essentially be the WR2, London/Pitts will be target hogs

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What’s the OL looking like going into the season?

The same as last season.

Jake Matthews at LT who is a reliable, solid LT

Matthew Bergeron at LG going into his 2nd season after he looked solid as a rookie

Drew Dalman at C who is an underrated center.

Chris Lindstrom at RG and is a top 3 G in the NFL

Kaleb McGary at RT who is a solid RT in the league

Basically, it's 2 above-average tackles, 1 elite guard, and two guys who are average at worst C and LG. And we kept the OL coach from the last 3 years. Also re-signed Storm Norton at swing tackle. Might add some players through the draft, but the guys from last year are back.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd imagine Pitts will essentially be the WR2, London/Pitts will be target hogs

I mean, that's fair. But TE in the Rams-style offense is more of a big slot anyway.

15 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Man don't do this...I think most people will have the Falcons winning the division (I definitely will be), and yes they have offensive talent - but top 10 would be awesome for this team and something more realistic

I do think it'll be at least a top 10 offense scoring 25-27 PPG. But it could break out and be better if Cousins is healthy and they find a rhythm earlier rather than later.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I mean, that's fair. But TE in the Rams-style offense is more of a big slot anyway.

I do think it'll be at least a top 10 offense scoring 25-27 PPG. But it could break out and be better if Cousins is healthy and they find a rhythm earlier rather than later.

We've had Higbee who is a balanced blocker/receiver at TE and, if not for injuries, would have been on the field 95% of the time in the McVay era.

A top ten offense would be an accomplishment but I do see that for the Falcons too.

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That's like asking if the Chargers were losing faith in Herbert because they drafted Max Duggan.

They gave up a promising young WR in Moore to get him. Obviously Kyler is a better QB than Ridder... I just find it odd that they were willing to give up Moore to get him. 

49 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

They gave up a promising young WR in Moore to get him. 

That seems a little generous. He could turn it around, but each of his three years has been a little worse than the previous. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

That seems a little generous. He could turn it around, but each of his three years has been a little worse than the previous. 

Yeah, I'm seeing him as a WR4 and depth that was much needed in the WR room. I have no qualms about that either. WE needed WRs. Before yesterday we had just Mooney and London in the WR room. Adding Moore and re-signing Hodge gives us 4/6 that we need. McCloud is a WR5/ST guy. So still need another WR for the room at minimum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

They gave up a promising young WR in Moore to get him. Obviously Kyler is a better QB than Ridder... I just find it odd that they were willing to give up Moore to get him. 

Calling Moore promising at this point is a bit hyperbolic.