Chargers Trading Keenan Allen to the Bears for a 4th Round Pick

BobbyPhil1781

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bears need to take Caleb and Odunze

I originally didn't want Odunze because he would fill the #2 spot. Now as the #3!? I'm Open! 

22 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Why, I think it’s a stupid move. With a wr draft class this deep, why are you trading for an old, often injuried and expensive vet. 

Because we need other positions outside of WR. If we take Caleb at #1 which I'm expecting. 

At #9 we can draft another edge rusher to pair with Sweat. 

Or we can trade down and go get more picks and O Linemen. 

Although I'd be fine with taking Odunze now! 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah, now I'm definitely expecting them to go Nabers

1-2-3 QBs 
4. MHJr
5. Nabers
6. Odunze
7. Alt
8. A team that trades up for McCarthy

He's getting 300 targets lol

16 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Good situation for Williams to step into. Imagine they draft Bowers at #9 too

They just got SD TE Everett and already have Cole Kmet 

If anything we probably Offensive or Defensive line at that spot. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Keenan Allen and DJ Moore is one hell of a WR duo.

When people talk about putting a rookie QB in a position to succeed by surrounding them with talent...this is it.  These two is like "easy mode" for a QB.  Just get it close to right and they'll make you look like a star.  Lot of "wiggle room" for a young, developing QB to adjust from "college window" to "NFL window" when you get two guys who can just own the ball if it's tossed in the right vicinity.  And Kmet isn't too bad either.

Edited by Tugboat

Just now, mdonnelly21 said:

Bears have so far filled out the roster quite nicely so far. 

imagine if we traded the #1 and got a TON of picks and continued to build out the roster in a big way! 

Having all of those weapons with no QB?

I think the Bears need to be looking to trade down from 9 since they're currently slated to pick 1, 9, 75, 122, and 144 (I'm assuming the traded 4th is 110, it could be 122).  That's not enough picks if you're trying to build around a 22 year old QB.  I assume they'll get a pick from trading Fields, but I would put up the "for sale"  signal for #9 to try to pick up an extra top 50 pick.

Just now, game3525 said:

If they had kept Keenan maybe. But not after tonight, the receiver room is bad. 

Harbaugh is committed to playing run first, physical football. There will be WR's there at the top of the 2nd.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers went Joe Alt at #5

I just don't understand the point of going with a LT when they've already got Slater.  And Alt looked...honestly awkward as all heck kicking Right at the combine.  I doubt he's spent any time at all working on his RT ability...because honestly, why would he?  He's a plug 'n play LT.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Having all of those weapons with no QB?

Fields can still and is likely still going to get better. Not saying he's the answer. But he sure would look a lot better if we shopped that pick and built nothing but O Line with those picks we get. Create a MONSTER offensive line along with those weapons too. 

Damn. 

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the Bears need to be looking to trade down from 9 since they're currently slated to pick 1, 9, 75, 122, and 144 (I'm assuming the traded 4th is 110, it could be 122).  That's not enough picks if you're trying to build around a 22 year old QB.  I assume they'll get a pick from trading Fields, but I would put up the "for sale"  signal for #9 to try to pick up an extra top 50 pick.

Their offensive roster is perfectly fine for a rookie. Line could be better but it wasn't terrible last year (and they upgraded at center).