Chargers Trading Keenan Allen to the Bears for a 4th Round Pick

BobbyPhil1781

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He averaged almost 100 yards per game last year and gets traded for a 4th end pick. Crazy

32  years old, coming off injury at end of season, $18M in base salary.  feels about right 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Why, I think it’s a stupid move. With a wr draft class this deep, why are you trading for an old, often injuried and expensive vet. 

They gotta do anything they can to develop their qb weather it’s fields or Caleb. And you’re not going to do that with garbage receivers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Why, I think it’s a stupid move. With a wr draft class this deep, why are you trading for an old, often injuried and expensive vet. 

It makes the learning curb for Caleb Williams easier as a rookie.  DJ Moore and Keenan Allen is now one of the best WR tandems in the league.  Allen still proved last season he can play.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 4thandInches said:

They have the money and it's a 4th. No biggie.  He's still a good player when he's on the field. Now they can really play the field at 9 too

This is less than some rentals go for. 

Given the cost, hard to say it's stupid. I feel like at worst it's whatever

• Like 4