Goofy things I think about...

Pick 20 comes around and the Steelers have these players available:

Amarius Mims, OT, Georga

Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

Johnny Newton, IDL, Illinois

Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina

Byron Murphy II, IDL, Texas

Tyler Guyton OT, Oklahoma

JPJ is gone.  These are the BPA.  Who do you take?  Anyone else?

For me it is a tough pick.  I would not expect Arnold or Newton to be there.

It would be a coin toss between Arnold and Newton for me.

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

I think the Steelers may “reach” for Frazier in this scenario.

I would so quickly take a trade down to 29-36 for Frazier in this scenario.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yea with a QB room of Fields and Russ I am all in on building the best O-Line possible and having Dan Moore at LT with either Russ or Fields is a recipe for disaster.

The only spot I'd take over Latham and Mims is a C, and specifically JPJ.

Mims I guess. He’s a real boom bust decision for me, his ceiling is great but I’m very concerned he’s only had 8 games and a little bit of the injury bug. If Munchak was still here I’d grab Mims in a second but I’m wondering if he’s a guy that needs a season or two to develop and our history developing OT isn’t great recently 

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

It would be a coin toss between Arnold and Newton for me.

I would so quickly take a trade down to 29-36 for Frazier in this scenario.

I would like to as well if they were intent on getting a center but Im Just gonna have a weird feeling that they’re gonna reach for Frazier at 20.

1 minute ago, AFF said:

I would like to as well if they were intent on getting a center but Im Just gonna have a weird feeling that they’re gonna reach for Frazier at 20.

I think you'd be right on if it were Colbert running the draft. I've got a little more faith that Kahn won't do that. I hope he doesn't, but I suppose it's all up in the air until it happens. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:
8 minutes ago, AFF said:

I think you'd be right on if it were Colbert running the draft. I've got a little more faith that Kahn won't do that. I hope he doesn't, but I suppose it's all up in the air until it happens. 

Agreed.  i don't see Khan foolishly throwing away draft capital, by taking a prospect at #20, who I have not seen mocked higher than 30, +/- a few picks. 

Trade down, pick up a 5th, or something, then take Frazier, if they want him that badly.

From the reporting I've seen, it almost seems as if the Steelers are sold on Frazier, over JPJ even, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him be the OC we select, but I also cannot see them passing up Mims for Frazier, if that ends up being the scenario.  I'd expect them to use one of our 3rds to move up higher in the 2nd, to grab Frazier, or if he's gone, settle for Van Pran.

Curious to why Legette over adoni Mitchell or Brian Robinson Jr or if they're both off the board too 

Mims has all the talent in the world but played in only what 8 games and gets injured at the combine ... I think I'ma pass unless he falls 

Would have to be Arnold or a trade down for me

• Like 1

I think the FO is just really going for it, and, on that theme, I'd take Mims. I think Frazier and Barton are center options if you trade down, but so are Guyton and Legett from the above list.

I just have a feeling about McMillan if they trade down though...can't explain, just my gut as to how the receiver story can pan out.

If the Steelers take Frazier at 20 (and I know this can be applied to virtually any first round pick), they better not miss on that pick. If you are going to miss on a pick, I'd rather shoot for the stars with Mims.