Who wins the AFC South in 2024?

The Titans are last.  It's really a 3 horse race.  Potential for 3 teams to make the postseason in that division.  I'm going to go with the Colts though.  Richardson doesn't even necessarily need to be good to be an upgrade from Minshew and I feel like Steichen will get the most out of that offense with the best offensive line in the division imo.  All 3 I think finish with 9-11 wins though.

I do think Houston has to be the favorite, but they aren't as sure a thing as some think. Our secondary right now is a problem. The only two who play well are Stingley and Ward and both have injury histories. Don't even know who our #2 CB is going to be but right now it might be Okudah. We are definitely relying on our DLine to get to the QB fast. There will be alot of shoot outs

Should be the Texans. I think they’ll win 11 unless CJ hits a wall.

Jags should be in that 9-10 win range again. Adding Mitch Morse was big. He should definitely improve the run game. Armstead should help unlock Allen and Walker even more on the DL. IDL rarely got any push last season. Eager to see the type of looks Nielsen brings. He’s got some talent to work with.

WR still the glaring need IMO. Depth at CB, OL and Edge still needs to be addressed. Wouldn’t be surprised if they traded up for one of the top 3 WR’s, mainly Nabers or Rome. Very unlike Baalke but I have a feeling.

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Should be the Texans. I think they’ll win 11 unless CJ hits a wall.

Jags should be in that 9-10 win range again. Adding Mitch Morse was big. He should definitely improve the run game. Armstead should help unlock Allen and Walker even more on the DL. IDL rarely got any push last season. Eager to see the type of looks Nielsen brings. He’s got some talent to work with.

WR still the glaring need IMO. Depth at CB, OL and Edge still needs to be addressed. Wouldn’t be surprised if they traded up for one of the top 3 WR’s, mainly Nabers or Rome. Very unlike Baalke but I have a feeling.

I think a lot of people are kind of sleeping on the Jaguars, forgetting that they were rolling like 11-3 before Lawrence got jacked up.  Still ended up only 1 win behind them in the end, despite having a complete and total collapse down the stretch with a wounded Lawrence who shouldn't have even been playing, and CJ Tryhard filling in at QB.

Texans also got better too, but sophomore slumps can happen and the Jaguars have also improved, before even getting to the draft.  If they can find the right WR in the draft...Lawrence has the potential to absolutely take off.  His WR room is already probably upgraded marginally, but if that 1st round pick is earmarked for a receiver (or even better, a trade up for one of the Big-3 guys somehow)...you could see a huge surge.

I think it's probably more of a 50-50 slugfest down to the wire if things go well for both teams.  And the Colts have the potential to turn it into a three-way Rock Paper Scissors game if Richardson lives up to hype and stays healthy.

44 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

What makes the Colts so much better than the Titans? I don't really get it. The Titans have actively gotten better this offseason while the Colts have essentially the exact same team. 🤷

The Colts had a winning record with Gardner Minshew at QB. Assuming Richardson doesn't return as a different person, it's a fairly straightforward assumption that they'll still be good enough to finish with around the same wins or more. The Titans have to prove they're better; making offseason additions doesn't automatically make them better. Levis is still the least impressive QB in the division; they have a first-time HC... I don't think it's unreasonable to place Tennessee last in contention at this point in time.

• Like 1

It's the Texans division to lose.  The Colts QB situation is a ? at the moment.  If Richardson ends up having an exceptional second year I can see them in a wild card spot.  Jax will be good this season. I actually have them in the playoffs as a wildcard.  Titans are in a rebuild year. 

Texans

Jags

Colts

Titans

4 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

What makes the Colts so much better than the Titans? I don't really get it. The Titans have actively gotten better this offseason while the Colts have essentially the exact same team. 🤷

Titans had bad O-line and poor WR corps last year. Assuming they draft Alt, the line should be better but they've lost Henry. Their WR order of Ridley, Hopkins, Burks still looks like a below average group. And who knows with Levis. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Titans had bad O-line and poor WR corps last year. Assuming they draft Alt, the line should be better but they've lost Henry. Their WR order of Ridley, Hopkins, Burks still looks like a below average group. And who knows with Levis. 

In what world is Hopkins, Ridley and Burks a below average group? lol...I'll give you Burks but the other two are pro bowlers...they easily have better receivers than the Colts. They also brought in Cushenberry at center and Skoronski is a year older and hopefully won't have to go through an emergency surgery that he spends the rest of the season trying to recover from...

Also, losing Henry is whatever. He's a running back who offers nothing in the passing game. 

Edited by renndawg37

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

In what world is Hopkins, Ridley and Burks a below average group? lol...I'll give you Burks but the other two are pro bowlers...they easily have better receivers than the Colts and there isn't really a debate. They also brought in Cushenberry at center and Skoronski is a year older and hopefully won't have to go through an emergency surgery that he spends the rest of the season trying to recover from...

Also, losing Henry is whatever. He's a running back who offers nothing in the passing game. 

What year were they probowlers? Pittman is clearly better than either of them now. Ridley is expensive but that doesn't mean he's top notch. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

What year were they probowlers? Pittman is clearly better than either of them now. Ridley is expensive but that doesn't mean he's top notch. 

And are you kidding me? Hopkins is a 5 time pro bowler and 4 time all pro lol...put some damn respect on his name. Ridley was also a 2nd team all pro just before he was off for 2 years...

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:
1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

In what world is Hopkins, Ridley and Burks a below average group? lol...I'll give you Burks but the other two are pro bowlers...they easily have better receivers than the Colts and there isn't really a debate. They also brought in Cushenberry at center and Skoronski is a year older and hopefully won't have to go through an emergency surgery that he spends the rest of the season trying to recover from...

Yeah, and I'd put bigger jumps out of Josh Downs and Alec Pierce than I would Burkes. Heck, Downs had a better rookie season than Burkes entire career to date. Alec Pierce has been considerably better as well. 

It seems as if Colts have the best player of the entire group in Pittman, and the Titans only real attempt at winning this debate is a free agent WR who has a history of hot/cold runs. If you told me that Downs outproduced Ridley next season, I wouldn't be shocked at all. 

Furthermore - Derrick Henry as a "whatever" loss isn't too far fetched, but going from Henry is Tony Pollard is a massive downgrade. The Titans are depending on two #2 RBs to keep the offense moving, that's not a recipe to rely on with a leaky OL and a 2nd year QB who was inconsistent from week to week. Meanwhile, the Colts return a top 10 OL and pair that with a top 3 RB - that's a pretty significant advantage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

And are you kidding me? Hopkins is a 5 time pro bowler and 4 time all pro lol...put some damn respect on his name. Ridley was also a 2nd team all pro just before he was off for 2 years...

Hopkins hasn't been relevant since his Arizona PED suspension. This isn't the same guy who was putting up 110/1500/10 TDs in Houston. 

This is a "what have you done for me lately" and those accolades you're talking about are only relevant in his eventual HoF nomination after he's retired.

• Like 1