Who wins the AFC South in 2024?

10 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

1 year of success and you guys pound your chests 🤣 we'll be back baby 

Even in our bad years we beat the Titans. Why would that change now? 😉

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Ok, fair enough. Those Texans teams were pretty bad. I was somewhat mixing up the years and supporting casts in my head. But nobody is saying he is the same player he was then lol. All I'm saying is the guy is still a very good wide receiver. Anybody putting up 1000 yards on that sorry excuse of a passing offense is doing something right...

My overall point is that 1000 yards isn't the same benchmark it used to be during a 16 game season - so saying a guy who didn't miss a game eclipsed 1000 (and by the skin of his teeth, too) isn't the accomplishment that it used to be 2-3 years ago. 

Yards per game is a better barometer of how well a WR is playing in comparison to their peers. 

11 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

In what world is Hopkins, Ridley and Burks a below average group? lol...I'll give you Burks but the other two are pro bowlers...they easily have better receivers than the Colts. They also brought in Cushenberry at center and Skoronski is a year older and hopefully won't have to go through an emergency surgery that he spends the rest of the season trying to recover from...

Also, losing Henry is whatever. He's a running back who offers nothing in the passing game. 

Ridley is bad though.  So there's that.

Roll the tape someone posted in the Ridley signing thread that was labelled a "Trevor Lawrence near miss TDs" reel...but was in actuality, just like 80% lowlights of Ridley being ***.  And that wasn't even the worst part of watching his unenthusiastic self playing receiver on those downs where he doesn't even seem to feel like trying because a DB was mean to him at the line and he gave up.  He might continue to compile some yardage, but i wouldn't want him as my WR2 at all.

Honestly...i'd take even the old man, clearly slowing down version of Hopkins over any WR on the Jaguars currently.  Pre-draft at least.  Most of the receivers in the division really.  Problem is...i'd still take Pittman over him.  Especially given the age.  Even if Hopkins has never really been dependent on speed...he's still clearly losing his edge.  Still very good...just...so is Pittman, and ascending rather than trending downward.  Both are pretty "QB Proof" considering Pittman just kept rolling with Moustache Man at QB.

16 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Titans had bad O-line and poor WR corps last year. Assuming they draft Alt, the line should be better but they've lost Henry. Their WR order of Ridley, Hopkins, Burks still looks like a below average group. And who knows with Levis. 

Not watching a coach run an ancient offense and run Henry into the back of his terrible oline over and over is a plus I would say. And you think those WRs are bad try watching Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Chris Conley and Robert Woods as your top 3. 

The Titans go as Levis goes. If he is good they will compete for a wild card spot. If he is bad they will be getting a new QB next year.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Ridley is bad though.  So there's that.

Roll the tape someone posted in the Ridley signing thread that was labelled a "Trevor Lawrence near miss TDs" reel...but was in actuality, just like 80% lowlights of Ridley being ***.  And that wasn't even the worst part of watching his unenthusiastic self playing receiver on those downs where he doesn't even seem to feel like trying because a DB was mean to him at the line and he gave up.  He might continue to compile some yardage, but i wouldn't want him as my WR2 at all.

Honestly...i'd take even the old man, clearly slowing down version of Hopkins over any WR on the Jaguars currently.  Pre-draft at least.  Most of the receivers in the division really.  Problem is...i'd still take Pittman over him.  Especially given the age.  Even if Hopkins has never really been dependent on speed...he's still clearly losing his edge.  Still very good...just...so is Pittman, and ascending rather than trending downward.  Both are pretty "QB Proof" considering Pittman just kept rolling with Moustache Man at QB.

Ridley isn't even close to "bad" lol. I've seen basically all the tape you're talking about. The guy gets separation as good as anyone in the league lol. Jaguars also tried using him as strictly a boundary X receiver when that's not what he is 

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Ridley isn't even close to "bad" lol. I've seen basically all the tape you're talking about. The guy gets separation as good as anyone in the league lol. Jaguars also tried using him as strictly a boundary X receiver when that's not what he is 

I'm not going to claim that the Jaguars offensive scheme made the most of him...

But honestly, it did.  It let him just **** off and do nothing most of the time and still collect a ton of yards.

But Ridley has been like this since College.  He's a soft little marshmallow who will collect his yards, collect the cheque, and do nothing else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm not going to claim that the Jaguars offensive scheme made the most of him...

But honestly, it did.  It let him just **** off and do nothing most of the time and still collect a ton of yards.

But Ridley has been like this since College.  He's a soft little marshmallow who will collect his yards, collect the cheque, and do nothing else.

That's just Alabama WRs lol. Amari Cooper, Jeudy, etc.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 1:50 AM, -Hope- said:

houston is the obvious favorite, and they should be. jacksonville has the talent to push them for the division title but they underachieved last year and have questions at OL and WR. indy and tennessee are wild cards who will more or less go as their young QBs go.

That pretty much sums it up IMO 

On 4/29/2024 at 1:20 PM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

So after the draft, are your expectations still the same?

Yes because, while I like the draft from the Colts' perspective, everything essentially hinges on Richardson continuing where he left off and progressing. We're hoping as Indy fans that he can be close to what Stroud already is. Houston has the best QB which makes them the favorites by default.

• Like 1