How do you define a “superteam” in the NFL?

CP3MVP

A team with multiplier difference-makers in each unit. Last team was the 2020 Bucs.

A Tom Brady offense with a high-performing Gronk and a prodigy in Tristan Wirfs were  multiplier difference-makers. You And then you had Mike Evans & Godwin, and Marpet & Jensen.

A defense with a 3-level interior of Vea & Suh, David & (prime) White, and Winfield was brutal. And then you had a prime Shaq Barrett playing as well as any edge rusher. And to top it all off is Todd Bowles calling a masterful gameplan week in and week out.

It feels like there hasn't been a team near that super since, even though the Chiefs's super bowl wins have always felt imminent in their SB-winning seasons.

I almost feel that you have to add a couple of outside superstars to an already good roster to be a "super team."  To me it implies a little bit of player collusion as well.  That 2011 Eagles fits pretty well.  The Rams team also fits, they added Ramsey and Stafford, and OBJ was a midseason addition.  The current 49ers are pretty close after getting CMC and trading an autographed Steve Young and Joe Montana football for Chase Young.  

NFL Super Teams:

1972 Dolphins

1996 Packers

Almost, but not quite:

1984 49ers

1985 Bears

1991 Redskins

Most recent team to almost qualify:

2016 Patriots

I'm using a simple criterion:  did they win a SB?  Were their offense and defense ranked 1st overall in the NFL that season?  Only two teams qualified (Dolphins, Packers).  Two teams had the #2 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense (49ers, Bears).  Redskins had the #1 ranked offense and #2 ranked defense.  That's why I listed them as almost hitting the wickets.  The 2016 Patriots had the #3 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense.

I think this is a pretty simple way of defining what a super team is.