Colts

1 Jared Verse - DE - Florida State

2 Tyler Nubin - S - Minnesota

3 Cam Hart - CB - Notre Dame

4 Beaux Limmer - C - Arkansas

4 Jamari Thrash - WR - Louisville

6 Aaron Casey - LB - Indiana

7 Keilan Robinson - RB - Texas

Happy with how this turned out. Got our #1 Edge rusher in the athletic Verse. Should be a great front four with Kwity Paye, Ebukam, Verse and Odeyingbo. Our biggest need coming in was probably a reliable Center-fielder. Enter Tyler Nubin, young guy with a knack for forcing turnovers at Minnesota.

In the 3rd we added another big athletic outside CB to pair with JuJu Brents from last year. They will form an imposing duo who will battle you at the line, and hit you if you do get the ball in your hands.

In round 4 we got a depth interior OL who we project to take over the C spot when Ryan Kelly retires or becomes too expensive to retain. I was surprised to be honest how well Limmer tested at the combine. He's a physical player tested against the SEC. Also added a weapon to develop at WR who can grow with Anthony Richardson. I think Thrash is a crafty route runner who will be a good #4 until he develops into more. Has the size and enough natural gifts to be a starter down the road.

In the late rounds we added the customary developmental LB that GM Chris Ballard has become known for. We could use some competition for the backup LB roles. Really like Casey's game. And Keilan Robinson is our new #3 RB and an option in the return game. The word explosive constantly came to mind for me watching his tape. Think he might be flying under the radar.

All in all our biggest issue was likely in the secondary, and I believe we addressed that in the top half of the draft. If Limmer starts down the line this is an excellent haul imo.

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 2

Seahawks:

1 Byron Murphy - DL - Texas

3 Trevin Wallace - LB - Kentucky

4 Josh Newton - CB - TCU

5 Michael Pratt - QB - Tulane

5 Layden Robinson - G - Texas A&M

5 Jared Wiley - TE - TCU

6 Ty'Ron Hopper - LB - Missouri

6 Jha'Quan Jackson - WR - Tulane

6 Nick Gargiulo - G - South Carolina

7 Trey Taylor - S - Air Force

This was a fun draft. New Head Coach (Baltimore DC), new OC (UW OC), new DC (Cowboys DL coach). I got to kind of build the new team to fit the image I imagine this group would want to put together.

I focused on defense early for two reasons. One, the new Head Coach was a defensive hire. I feel he knows this side of the ball. And in the physical NFC West you gotta play physical defense. And second, I feel the coaching hire of Ben Grubb brings more splash or credibility for lack of a better description. I think he can be trusted more to work with what he has. I see his UW offenses as explosive and built on the WR's. He happens to inherit 3 very capable WR's in Seattle (Metcalf, Lockett, JSN). Not sure what more you can ask for. Has bookend quality Tackles, two quality Runningbacks, and a veteran QB, plus the young and exciting backup in Sam Howell. He can make that group hum.

So I looked toward making the defense a monster. Byron Murphy can probably play anywhere on the front. He's a menace with natural leverage and explosive traits. I figured how better for Mike McDonald to define his defense than to start in the trenches. They already have four quality edge guys, many of whom were high end investments (three 2nd round picks and Uchenna Nwosu). It's a very good if unspectacular group. And they have at least a couple very good defensive backs. 

Looking at their roster pre-draft the position that stood out more than any other to me was interior LB. Mike McDonald had two excellent ILBs in Baltimore before signing here. In Seattle he was inheriting a less than inspiring group with only the oft-injured Jerome Baker and *career backup* Tyrel Dodson. So no real surprise then that I made a point of drafting not just Trevin Wallace with an earlier pick, but another LB whose game I appreciate later on in Ty'ron Hopper. I think both play the game with high IQ and an "if you want it, come take it" mentality. Think they'll provide plenty of competition for the two starting inside spots. 

After that I added some CB depth, a couple beefy G's to battle for interior backup roles. A sorely needed body at TE, got a bit lucky that Wiley fell that far to me. Current Seattle TE's consist of Noah Fant, 29yr old Pharoah Brown, and two guys you've never respected or possibly heard of. So a guy with potential here was certainly on my radar from the start. But again, not wildly important in the UW scheme I recall from recent years, so I didn't force it early.

One other notable selection was early 5th round Michael Pratt. Watched his tape for a 2nd time as I was scouting Jha'Quan and it reminded me how much I like his game. He's smart, can make all the throws. Might be just the kind of guy who can start down the road. But if not, should be a quality backup on a team with the weapons Seattle has to protect him with. Just a bonus I took someone he already has chemistry with later in Jha'Quan Jackson. Sneaky slot type WR by the way. Like him too. 

Last but not least, Trey Taylor. A high character Safety with just enough flashes to make you wonder very late. Can play gunner on special teams early, and possibly win a backup role. 

Really enjoyed drafting for Seattle. I like how it all came together, and names just seemed to slide for them. Not many snipes. I think I gave them the pieces to be contending sooner than later.

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 2

I'm still awake and the Cowboys made their pick but it was a duplicate pick that the Saints already made. I'm probably just gonna make my pick because it's not my problem and it's...well...the Cowboys. That and I don't wanna wake up early to make my pick while waiting for him to correct it lol.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm still awake and the Cowboys made their pick but it was a duplicate pick that the Saints already made. I'm probably just gonna make my pick because it's not my problem and it's...well...the Cowboys. That and I don't wanna wake up early to make my pick while waiting for him to correct it lol.

I looked up Storm Duck's Draft profile and it literally said: Duck runs well, but Duck does not have elite recovery speed.  But this is the only film I could find: 
duck-run

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dcat said:

I looked up Storm Duck's Draft profile and it literally said: Duck runs well, but Duck does not have elite recovery speed.  But this is the only film I could find: 
duck-run

Good thing the Duck man is going to be deployed as a 7th round camp body ha. He's solid. He's more of a safety that got deployed as a CB in college. But what's better than the novelty play at this point of a green jersey with the last name Duck on it?

• Like 1

Dolphins draft

36 - Darius Robinson - Edge - Missouri

55 - Kris Jenkins - DT - Michigan

72 - Ricky Pearsall - WR - Florida

134 - Spencer Rattler - QB - South Carolina

158 - Julian Pearl - OL - Illinois 

198 - Walter Rouse - OL - Oklahoma

241 - Josh Proctor - S - Ohio State

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

3/2 hours from last pick made rule works well but I still wonder about a larger number of participants or one GM per team.

Thank you for having me.

Ciao!

You are welcome.  32 participants makes it more difficult.  I have no personal aversion to time slots.  This is just how I've done it as a participant and as an admin elsewhere since 2014 or so.  Perhaps one of the largest team message board around always has 32 independent GMs and usually a wait list.  We use the same format as I have here.  I brought it over to one of the Ravens main boards via a friend there and we've done this there since 2017.  And then I brought it here about 5 yrs ago (skipping a year or two).  

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

Ravens very happy with how things went.

1- Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma 

2- Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame 

3- Devontez Walker WR North Carolina 

4- Austin Booker EDGE Kansas 

4- Elijah Jones CB Boston College 

6- Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame 

7- Myles Harden CB South Dakota 

7- Jordan Jefferson DT LSU 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Ravens very happy with how things went.

1- Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma 

2- Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame 

3- Devontez Walker WR North Carolina 

4- Austin Booker EDGE Kansas 

4- Elijah Jones CB Boston College 

6- Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame 

7- Myles Harden CB South Dakota 

7- Jordan Jefferson DT LSU 

Nice!  Love Fisher and the back end of Jones, Liefau, Harden and Jefferson is a pretty exciting collection IMO. Jones not getting enough interest out there IMO. 

Posted (edited)

Can we put in a pick for Cowboys at 244?    @MaddHatter was online here this morning when I checked in and now it says last visited 3 hrs ago, which confirms that.  He selected an OT yesterday that had previously been selected.  He had time to re-enter.

The next OT on my own board (not the one on the spreadsheet) is Doug Nester, W. Va    Are we good w/that for them Cowboys?

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

Still this discussion thread to post this.

More hope than expectation but it would be great to do a 2 round live mock draft.

when I say live I mean 10 minutes clocks at an agreed time which everyone logs on might have to be over two days, I think it would be tough getting commitment on any more rounds.

16 gms with 2 teams each split across draft order and divisions or worse case would be 8 gms with one team in each division although this makes trades more difficult.

you then have a commissioner who picks are submitted to and they post whilst putting next team on clock and commish also verify and post trades. Be nice to have someone else who comments summary and opinions on picks,

lastly almost need a spare somebody to assist commish but also jump in to pick should someone not make a pick.

like I said more posting more in hope than expectation and selfishly would be looking a reasonable start time so your uk friends can take part.