Packerraymond Mock Off-Season

On 4/5/2024 at 2:39 PM, Packerraymond said:

Yes....if I had known TJ Tampa would fall I would have gone Graham Barton at 25 and Tampa at 41.  

So, essentially, you would've done what I've done in the LCM? lol

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Love was one of the least sacked starting QBs in the league last year. I get you can never have enough good linemen but I don't think it's anywhere close to our highest priority. Another edge rusher and CB would be nice.

Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Rhyan-Tom. Ryhan was a part time player last year. There is NO reliable depth behind the starting five. That is IF Rhyan is ready to play full time. You have Newman, who sucks big time and three or four tackles who have not played a down. None of them could be counted on as 'depth.'

It may be our biggest priority besides linebacker and safety where we don't seem to have enough quality starters on the roster at this point. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Rhyan-Tom. Ryhan was a part time player last year. There is NO reliable depth behind the starting five. That is IF Rhyan is ready to play full time. You have Newman, who sucks big time and three or four tackles who have not played a down. None of them could be counted on as 'depth.'

It may be our biggest priority besides linebacker and safety where we don't seem to have enough quality starters on the roster at this point. 

You could say the same about literally any position group. What "depth" do we have at DT? Edge? Linebacker? It's unrealistic to expect us to have 8 or 9 starting caliber OL.

I know pass rushers tend to go earlier in the first round but is there no prospect that could drop to us at 25 and not be considered a massive reach? Is this considered a weak class for pass rushers?

32 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You could say the same about literally any position group. What "depth" do we have at DT? Edge? Linebacker? It's unrealistic to expect us to have 8 or 9 starting caliber OL.

DT - Slaton, Clarke, Wyatt and Brooks, all have proven they can play.

EDGE - Gary, Smith LVN all have proven they can play. We will get Enagbare back at some point and he can play.

LB - already said it is a position of need. Probably tied with safety in that we don't have enough quality players at the starting positions on the roster. 

You haven't got one quality offensive linemen outside of the penciled in starters. One of the penciled in starters, we don't really know if he can start and play fulltime. Stop with the bull**** about saying the expectation is 8 or 9 starting caliber OL. Just admit you were wrong and move on. OL is an ABSOLUTE priority in this draft. Even a fool should be able to figure that out. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

So, essentially, you would've done what I've done in the LCM? lol

Ha yup, but Cooper was my pick for 41, but he didn't make it.

In the one we're in now I would've gone Barton/Cooper, but Tampa was my 2nd pick for that spot obviously .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Ha yup, but Cooper was my pick for 41, but he didn't make it.

In the one we're in now I would've gone Barton/Cooper, but Tampa was my 2nd pick for that spot obviously .

Yeah I probably would've been better off taking Cooper considering how the board ended up falling but I thought I could get Colson, Wallace or Gray later. That turned out wrong in the end ha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Love was one of the least sacked starting QBs in the league last year. I get you can never have enough good linemen but I don't think it's anywhere close to our highest priority. Another edge rusher and CB would be nice.

I'd say RG could use an upgrade.  Possibly Center.  We have absolutely no depth at IOL.  Not sure what to think about Jones and Tenuta.  So could probably use depth at OT as well.  Need to add 3 OL minimum.  Is it a Day 1 priority no not really.  If a top OL is BPA at #25 gotta take them.  Bottom line the Offensive line needs an infustion of talent.  Needs in order of priority ILB, S, OL, RB, Edge.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

DT - Slaton, Clarke, Wyatt and Brooks, all have proven they can play.

EDGE - Gary, Smith LVN all have proven they can play. We will get Enagbare back at some point and he can play.

LB - already said it is a position of need. Probably tied with safety in that we don't have enough quality players at the starting positions on the roster. 

You haven't got one quality offensive linemen outside of the penciled in starters. One of the penciled in starters, we don't really know if he can start and play fulltime. Stop with the bull**** about saying the expectation is 8 or 9 starting caliber OL. Just admit you were wrong and move on. OL is an ABSOLUTE priority in this draft. Even a fool should be able to figure that out. 

Clark, Smith and Gary are the only players you listed that have proven they can be high quality starters. You don't rotate OL like you do those other positions you listed so I don't really know how you can say for sure we have no depth when the only way to know is if the guy ahead of them gets hurt. If you would have said 2 years ago Zach Tom and a 7th round pick were going to be our bookend tackles nobody would believe it.

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'd say RG could use an upgrade.  Possibly Center.  We have absolutely no depth at IOL.  Not sure what to think about Jones and Tenuta.  So could probably use depth at OT as well.  Need to add 3 OL minimum.  Is it a Day 1 priority no not really.  If a top OL is BPA at #25 gotta take them.  Bottom line the Offensive line needs an infustion of talent.  Needs in order of priority ILB, S, OL, RB, Edge.  

Gutes done well with the late round OL picks, if there's one thing he knows how to do its build an OL with very little resources invested.

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Clark, Smith and Gary are the only players you listed that have proven they can be high quality starters. You don't rotate OL like you do those other positions you listed so I don't really know how you can say for sure we have no depth when the only way to know is if the guy ahead of them gets hurt. If you would have said 2 years ago Zach Tom and a 7th round pick were going to be our bookend tackles nobody would believe it.

Man I don't know about that.  Wyatt is coming on and Brooks had a stellar rookie season.  Think we are set at DL.  Clark is coming up on an extension and Gute may not want to pony up.  Only reason to select a DL IMO.  Edge LVN Gary and Smith is a pretty good group.  Would like to find out what we have in Cox.  He intrigues me.  Be nice to add maybe one more Edge somewhere in the draft but might not be necessary.  All that being said wouldn't mind adding a guy like Sweat in the 3rd.  Mammoth NT to clog the middle.  No mention of Slayton he's pretty decent as well.  DL is more of a luxury pick rather than a need IMO.  Sweat falls would love to have him.  Gravedigger 2.0

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

I know pass rushers tend to go earlier in the first round but is there no prospect that could drop to us at 25 and not be considered a massive reach? Is this considered a weak class for pass rushers?

I don't think there are the superstar pass rushers that we have seen in some recent drafts.  I think it is also kind of hard to project exactly where all the guys are going to play.  Are Wooden and Brooks ends or tackles in this defense? IMO both of them showed some promise last season.  Is it really necessary to upgrade from Wooden? If so, how early do we really need that? A few of us have wanted a smaller, twitchier pass rusher to diversify the unit, but again Gary, LVN, and Smith are going to see most of the snaps at DE, so when do you take a guy that is playing about 20 percent of snaps?

5 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Gutes done well with the late round OL picks, if there's one thing he knows how to do its build an OL with very little resources invested.

Can't argue with that but regardless if a top talent falls in your lap gotta take them.  OL is so important to the success of the Offense.  I'm not 100% sold on Rhyan yet.  If Barton or Fuatanu are their I'm running up to the podium.  Fuatanu is my draft crush.  Would love to add that guy to the group.  Nasty...This draft is deep so I'm guessing Gute triples up.  

48 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I see you moved the bar. The discussion was about starters or guys good enough to start in case of injury. I don't know how you got off ignore, but you are wrong so often and keep chirping the same bull****. 

As for the offensive line rotation, well wrong again, at least last year. We rotated Runyan/Rhyan all of last year. We also rotated Walker/Nijman so you are wrong again. The truth is, it's not about rotating offensive linemen. The fact is, you aren't making it through and entire season with the same five starters. You'd better than at least two decent backups, one tackle who can play both sides which is rare. Also, one interior guy, we have zero at this point. Newman sucks and the tackles have proven nothing nor have they played in a regular season game that I know of. Jones, Tenuta and Telford have done less than Newman. Offensive line is an absolute priority after LB and S in this draft. If you don't think so you are a StatBoy. 

• Like 2