2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wouldn't play him if Morgan and Tom are out.

I don’t think Morgan has enough snaps to make him part of those calculations. I hope Love gets his customary series or two but it will definitely be handoffs and quick hitters. If we can move the ball with rhythm and move the sticks a few times, that’s a win. At this point, I want the offense to score more FGs than TDs in preseason. 

• Like 1

From GB reddit

Practice is finished - 1 hours and 36 minutes

General:

Next Event: Preseason Game @ Browns, Aug. 10th 3:25 P.M. CT?

Injured:

• Carrington Valentine CB (hamstring)

• Deslin Alexandre DL (lower leg)

• Dimitri Stanley WR (hamstring)

• Donovan Jennings G/T (knee)

• Edgerrin Cooper LB (hip)

• Jordan Morgan G (shoulder)

• Keshawn Banks DL (groin)

• Ty'Ron Hopper LB (ankle)

Not Practicing / Limited: 

• Caleb Jones OT (hammy, limited)

• Elgton Jenkins (rest)

• Kingsley Enagbare DL (hamstring, limited)

• Kitan Oladapo S (toe, limited)

• Zayne Anderson S (knee, limited)

• Tucker Kraft TE (pec, limited)

• Jayden Reed WR (calf, limited)

Offense:

• Jalen Wayne gets a rep with the ones goes deep and Love hits him for a wide open touchdown! I should add that they are rotating absolutely everyone around; there were no defenders, and it was at a snails pace. But other than that, huge play!

• Sean Rhyan gets first-team reps with Jordan Morgan out because of shoulder injury. First rep, Rhyan false starts.

• Rookie Jacob Monk now with starting offensive line at right guard.

• Starters in team:

• Love

• Jacobs

• Wicks - DuBose

• Musgrave - Sims

• Walker - Newman - Myers - Rhyan - Tom

• Nice little Lloyd run to the right, running behind Telfort & Tenuta. Showed off his burst.

• Wilson follows it up with a nice run inside.

• Back of end zone TD for Bo Melton in RZ.

• Wicks TD on the next play at the goal line with McKinney in coverage.

• Nice hands by Lloyd to come up with a leaping catch on a bubble screen but defense all over it.

• Heads up play by Bo Melton. He was supposed to go in motion but the tight end started to go in motion on accident. Te got lined up correctly so Bo could go in motion but Bo wisely waves it off because the play clock was winding down and they wouldn’t have got the play off in time.

• Wicks end around goes nowhere.

• That false start on the first play of team earlier by Sean Rhyan was costly. Jacob Monk has been in his spot in team ever since.

• Love drops one in a bucket for Lloyd but it’s well contested by McDuffie. Both players tip the ball up a couple times and Lloyd comes up with the catch but out of bounds by the time he came up with it.

• Love follows it up with a bullet to Musgrave over the middle who makes a fantastic hands catch in stride. AJJ with good coverage but just tip your cap on that one.

• Couple nice runs by Ellis Merriweather.

• Lecitus Smith on the ground for the second time today on a run play.

• Pratt finds Joel Wilson but he can’t hang on. That’s been an issue for Wilson who is finding ways to get open consistently.

• Jordan Love appears to be walking gingerly after getting knocked to the ground during 11-on-11. Head trainer Bryan Engel playing with his left knee. Love was grabbing the back of his left leg. Appears to be very minor. I repeat: appears to be VERY MINOR.

Defense:

• Probably my favorite moment of any practice so far. Hafley coaching up the corners on press technique. What an absolute master of a teacher. His ability to be engaging, the technical coaching, and just the energy was amazing. At the end he thanks the DB’s for letting them be a DB coach again - to which Ja fires back - now get out of here Haf. 5 minutes of coaching awesomeness.

• Starters in team:

• Gary - Wyatt - Clark - Enagbare

• Wilson - Quay - McDuffie

• Nixon - Stokes

• McKinney - Bullard

• Defense stuffs Jacobs.

• Love fires incomplete downfield to Musgrave who was well covered (ball overthrown as well).

• Jacobs was stuffed on the next play as well.

• Love had Doubs on a deep crosser but Love just missed him wide.

• Good start for the defense.

• Brenton Cox stacking success. After a nice day yesterday he starts with a tfl today. He’s doing a really nice job of setting the edge.

• Karl Brooks follows it up with an easy pressure inside. Clifford got it out quick to Davis but might have been a sack.

• LVN and Brooks all over a Lloyd run in the backfield. Defense dominating up front early.

• Odd sequence on next play leads to Stokes INT. Not sure if Watson didn’t see it but he didn’t make a play for the ball. Karl Brooks with another big time pressure.

• Now 17 picks in camp for Packers defense. Seven from Jordan Love.

• Karl Brooks with another immediate pressure - Love throws to Sims but LVN in coverage gets a PI call. Huge day for Brooks already.

• Another nice play by Brenton Cox with a pressure on Clifford.

• Pressure by Enagabre (maybe sack). Love throws anyway and completes to Wicks over the middle.

Special Teams:

• DuBose and Heath on the field at the same time as gunners. (Just walkthrough). Who does that better could go a long way in determining WR6.

• Carlson and Joseph go 3-3 in Round 1.

• Anders Carlson and Greg Joseph both kicked from 40, 44, 47, 49, 50 and 51. Both went 6/6.

• Greg Joseph: 47/54 - 87.0%

• Alex Hale: 5/6 - 83.3%

• Anders Carlson: 44/54 - 81.5%

Media:

Interviews:

• Matt LaFleur: Presser

• Christian Watson seems to be doing well this morning per coach and is likely to practice today.

• Says the Packers added kicker Alex Hale after trying out some kickers in a workout. He said it was a way to add competition to the position. He wouldn't say it was a reflection of the kickers' performance so far.

• On how much new DC Jeff Hafley will show during the preseason opener: "You'll find out on Saturday evening." LaFleur admits that they won't "empty the tank" and want to make sure they can evaluate their players.

• Plans to give second-year QB Sean Clifford more work than rookie signal-caller Michael Pratt during the preseason opener: "I would envision right now Sean getting more reps than Pratt."

• Says there is no long-term concern for WR Jayden Reed who sat out Wednesday's practice with a calf injury.

• Says that RB Josh Jacobs has put a couple of good days of practice together after returning from a groin injury. "He's getting more comfortable with what we're asking him to do."

Some good responses there. The ending was pretty good too.

Correct answers: Goforth, Wilson, Doubs, Engabare, Merriweather, P.Smith, Myers, Waege, Davis, Jennings, Young, Alexandre, Gary. Special mention to Melton even though he technically gave the wrong answer.

AJ Dillon definitely slimmed down alot. He looks more like a RB now. I never understand rookies obsession with getting bigger for the NFL when it was their quickness and agilty in college that brought them success.

Engabare looking surprisingly slim for an EDGE rusher considering we're moving to the 4-3.

For anyone who's interested, Musgrave's 3601 pieces NASA Artemis obsession:
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nasa-artemis-space-launch-system-10341

Edited by Chili

- Running back AJ Dillon had another productive day. On his first run, he cut it back for a big gain. He did it again later, too, with offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich fired up about center Josh Myers’ block

Since Im Myers personal hype man.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

- Running back AJ Dillon had another productive day. On his first run, he cut it back for a big gain. He did it again later, too, with offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich fired up about center Josh Myers’ block

It would be great if Myers had such a great year we had to extend him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It would be great if Myers had such a great year we had to extend him.

He'll get one. Im so confident in that. Forget best 5 hes one of our best 3.

Guy doesnt get penalized and he doesnt give up a ton of sacks. I just dont understand the narrative.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

He needs one. I agree he’s been underrated overall. He has had some screw ups, including last year.  Have to be steady Eddy at center more than anything else. I hope he shows he can consistently play at his high level, because that is a good player. 

17 minutes ago, Refugee said:

He needs one. I agree he’s been underrated overall. He has had some screw ups, including last year.  Have to be steady Eddy at center more than anything else. I hope he shows he can consistently play at his high level, because that is a good player. 

But whats he screwed up? We dont really fumble exchanges.. he doesnt get many penalties. (And centers who get out in front of plays like him are the guys you see get picked on) Sometimes he gets over his toes and guys slide off of him but outside like the top 3 dudes at the position thats going to happen.

You got Ragnow, Humphrey and Linderbaum and then Josh is somewhere in that next group of dudes who can play.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

But whats he screwed up? We dont really fumble exchanges.. he doesnt get many penalties. (And centers who get out in front of plays like him are the guys you see get picked on) Sometimes he gets over his toes and guys slide off of him but outside like the top 3 dudes at the position thats going to happen.

You got Ragnow, Humphrey and Linderbaum and then Josh is somewhere in that next group of dudes who can play.

He’s had some misses blocking.  I remember a QB sneak in a tough loss to ATL he definitely wasn’t on the same page as his QB.  Who’s fault was it? I don’t know but it looked bad for everyone. He has to be as close to perfect as possible blocking and I’ve seen some heat come through that sure looked like his assignment. I’ve also seen plenty of good, he can play. Cant have break downs as a rookie and has to be few and far between as a vet center. 

11 minutes ago, Refugee said:

He’s had some misses blocking.  I remember a QB sneak in a tough loss to ATL he definitely wasn’t on the same page as his QB.  Who’s fault was it? I don’t know but it looked bad for everyone. He has to be as close to perfect as possible blocking and I’ve seen some heat come through that sure looked like his assignment. I’ve also seen plenty of good, he can play. Cant have break downs as a rookie and has to be few and far between as a vet center. 

Well, since Love was the only one who moved, I'm not blaming the center on that one. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Well, since Love was the only one who moved, I'm not blaming the center on that one. 

Yes, but he was pretty clearly trying to signal for it. The signal was not working. If there is a snap, the boys will move. Or maybe Love was really trying to sell it and got over his skis?  I don’t know but that’s a bad look. Worse, we were up 24-22 at that point and lose 24-25. A number of things contributed to the lose but this was one. 

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yes, but he was pretty clearly trying to signal for it. The signal was not working. If there is a snap, the boys will move. Or maybe Love was really trying to sell it and got over his skis?  I don’t know but that’s a bad look. Worse, we were up 24-22 at that point and lose 24-25. A number of things contributed to the lose but this was one. 

Definitely one of the worst losses of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Definitely one of the worst losses of the season. 

Looking back, it was week 2 in a loud, hostile environment. Definitely a challenge for our young squad. They don’t get those mulligans this year but not surprising things unraveled in the 4th at that point.