2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If he's in year three and still not getting himself ready for the season on day 1 of camp, that is a real problem. 

That is not a dude you pay, ever. No matter how good he might start to look.

They had Morgan playing all over the place in OTA's. I wonder if the decision to have Morgan focus solely on RG in training camp is due to doubts that Rhyan has the conditioning to play the number of snaps a starter has to.  

13 hours ago, Toddfather said:

So was Runyan, and he did not get a contract. I guess we will just see how it plays out. I'm defiantly rooting for Myers. This is more about how we approach second contracts and where I think it's going. Like i've said before, I could be wrong.

The big difference between Myers and Runyan is the position they play. The very top Guards are earning around $27m and the very top Centres are earning around $13.5m. My hunch is Myers will get a deal something around Bradbury or Pocic which is 3 years $15m to $18m range, near top 10 for the position group, which is where I feel he belongs. He will be cheap to re-sign. If his agent wants more than that then it is easy to move on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

The big difference between Myers and Runyan is the position they play. The very top Guards are earning around $27m and the very top Centres are earning around $13.5m. My hunch is Myers will get a deal something around Bradbury or Pocic which is 3 years $15m to $18m range, near top 10 for the position group, which is where I feel he belongs. He will be cheap to re-sign. If his agent wants more than that then it is easy to move on.

It's just over 20 a year for the top guards. There are 4 of them with contract averages over 20 and the top one is Landon Dickerson at 21 million a year average. 

As I was looking at this, we probably move on from Jenkins after the '25 season. 

33 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It seems fair to expect Jenkins to be either extended or released after 2025.  He won't be playing for GB under the current deal with that 25M cap hit for 2026.

He will be 31 in 2026 when the season starts. Given our history, he'll be moving on. 

49 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's just over 20 a year for the top guards. There are 4 of them with contract averages over 20 and the top one is Landon Dickerson at 21 million a year average. 

As I was looking at this, we probably move on from Jenkins after the '25 season. 

Yeah hard to argue that, which is another part of the reason ive been pretty adamant were giving myer like a 3 year contract.

The money always seems to come open...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah hard to argue that, which is another part of the reason ive been pretty adamant were giving myer like a 3 year contract.

The money always seems to come open...

You have to wonder if Jenkins has a really good year this year, his agent does come looking for an extension after the season. 

Sounds like Valentine and Cooper are the two notable players still not back yet (Lloyd is out as expected). Was really hoping to see Cooper play this weekend but if he's not back by tomorrow, that's probably not happening.