2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

Sequence of events:

Carlson has 81.8% FG percentage (and 5 missed XPs) during rookie season.

Based on his inconsistency, his own HC admits "Everything he goes out there, I just pray." 

Carlson then misses a late-game 41-yarder in the Divisional playoffs that would have put the Packers up 7, in a game they end up losing by 3. 

Carlson then proceeds to make 80.6% of his FG attempts in TC, under practice conditions. 

Packers to date: "Yea, that's our guy." 

May we all be blessed with such job security, lol. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Sequence of events:

Based on his inconsistency, his own HC admits "Everything he goes out there, I just pray." 

Carlson then misses a late-game 41-yarder in the Divisional playoffs that would have put the Packers up 7, in a game they end up losing by 3. 

Carlson then proceeds to make 80.6% of his FG attempts in TC, under practice conditions. 

Cade York has a career to date of 75% makes but has a hot preseason.

Fans like "anybody but ders"

Im all for an upgrade but lets actually get an upgrade.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Sequence of events:

Sequence of events:

1. Random kicker name gets brought up as a potential replacement for Carlson.
  2. Reaction from GB fans: Who cares if the replacement is worse, Carlson needs to go!
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Enagbare is running as edge 3 right now. Think the staffs seeing that one different. And i just dont rate Cox very high but he definitely could make the team the staff has given him every chance they can.

Hopper for sure not gonna rule out but for the love of god dont have him in space.

Eh i dont see it for Jones theres no lateral ability, we do like duos but thats only so much of the game.

I think Ralen was giving welch a pretty serious run for his money imo but i keep 5 safeties and 6 CB over both.

Not saying youre wrong. Just what i see.

Enagbare is ahead of LVN?  Or is LVN not an EDGE in this scheme?  Cox has the EDGE rush skills that should have him on the roster again. 

I'm not saying Welch is going to make the team, but he showed out pretty good the other night.

I think Caleb Jones makes it.  We have a lot invested there and he's appeared to have gotten better.  But we shall see.  He's probably a guy that we can put onto the PS again, though, too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It seems like Dillard, Tefort and recently Glover are all ahead of Jones in the T rotation.  If that holds through this week, I don't expect Jones to make the 53.

Here's my "rub" against Jones.  He isn't the athlete that someone like Nijman was.  Jones kind of is what he is.  After this much time, what is it, 3 camps now, either GB should know that he can play, or that he cannot play.

I don't see him developing much more, so either he has "it" or he doesn't.  Odds are some other kids still have more athletic traits to be developed.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Here's my "rub" against Jones.  He isn't the athlete that someone like Nijman was.  Jones kind of is what he is.  After this much time, what is it, 3 camps now, either GB should know that he can play, or that he cannot play.

I don't see him developing much more, so either he has "it" or he doesn't.  Odds are some other kids still have more athletic traits to be developed.

I'd put Tenuta ahead of Jones because he's cross training now at G. Versatility gives him the inside track. That said, I think the OL is the weakest unit on the team. The 5 starters (including Rhyan) and Morgen give us 6. After that? Monk makes the team because he's a draft pick. That's 7. Dillard because there's no one else. That's 8. Then Tenuta because he can swing from T to G. That's 9. A couple of the others will make the PS. Next year's draft should focus on the OL. 

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think his biggest athletic deficiency is endurance. It can be improved through conditioning but there might be a ceiling there. Hauling that big frame around play after play has got to be tough. At some point your worst snap has to be consistently close to your best snap if you want to be an NFL OL. A severe breakdown or just generally being to gassed late in games there can be the direct reason for a loss. 

48 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Enagbare is ahead of LVN?  Or is LVN not an EDGE in this scheme?  Cox has the EDGE rush skills that should have him on the roster again. 

I'm not saying Welch is going to make the team, but he showed out pretty good the other night.

I think Caleb Jones makes it.  We have a lot invested there and he's appeared to have gotten better.  But we shall see.  He's probably a guy that we can put onto the PS again, though, too.

I'd be shocked if Enagbare is ahead of LVN. LVN has been making plays and being disruptive. Gary and Preston are still the starters. LVN probably backs up Preston and Enagbare backs up Gary. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I'd be shocked if Enagbare is ahead of LVN. LVN has been making plays and being disruptive. Gary and Preston are still the starters. LVN probably backs up Preston and Enagbare backs up Gary. 

Barry usually paired the backups.  Was no #3 vs #4, the two backups both played the same.  Will be interesting if Hafley does it the same.  I'd kinda like to imagine a #13 pick would be explosive enough to earn more snaps, and would be explosive enough to be worth playing more than a semi-injured 5th-round Enagbare.  

Per Ryan Wood

In the red zone, Jordan Love completed 6 of 7 passes for 42 yards and four touchdowns from inside the 10-yard line.

The touchdowns include:

• 9-yard checkdown to Tucker Kraft (great YAC)
  • 6-yards to Romeo Doubs
  • 4-yard out route to Christian Watson
  • 3-yard out route to Doubs

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Enagbare is running first off the bench ahead of LVN atm. According to someone on the beat i dont remember who. Not something i paid attention to.  Yeah maybe, i personally question if cox is much better than the other couple guys in his group. He is getting the most snaps by a pretty wide margin though so you are probably right theyll keep him

I wouldve assumed they were just 2nd team A/B.

From what i see from people who have the time to dedicate it sounds like LVN isnt quite where youd want him to be with a rush plan. Still highly active

Edited by HighCalebR