2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

And Cooper, he's missed a whole lot of camp. Not sure if he's back yet. 

Morgan, Cooper, Lloyd, Hopper and Oladapo have missed huge chunks of this camp.  

Hopper, and Oladapo seem to be back on track.  Cooper slowly getting back.  Morgan getting closer. Still though .. disappointed with all the injuries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Enagbare had 100 more snaps on defense and 100 more on ST last year than LVN.. hes been ahead of him this whole time

Would love to see LVN earn more reps.

And then he blew up his knee

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Theres just no way hes anywhere close to losing his spot lol. For Cox? Nah.

Theres been nothing to indicate Kingsley has been anything but solid this preseason. It does not shock me that hes ahead of an athlete. LVN needs to develop a rush plan and become a pro.

His whole plan is get up field and bull. Thats every rep.

Enegbare looked explosive off the snap to me last year and i did not see that so far. He may well work thru it but for a guy who depends on high level athleticism this is a problem imo

Fwiw gary also didnt look right for a while last year. His explosiveness just did not have stamina to be sustained through an entire play. It was a problem at least through the denver game last year.

He seemed to get past it. But he was not himself.

9 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Enegbare looked explosive off the snap to me last year and i did not see that so far. He may well work thru it but for a guy who depends on high level athleticism this is a problem imo

I'd agree .. not getting that knee fixed could be an issue.  Hopefully he can rehab his way back to 100 percent, but it's kind of a concerning deal.  

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

And then he blew up his knee

Except he didnt, has been practicing since day 1 of OTAs, dealt with a hamstring for a minute and has said he's 100% since.

I dont know what evidence there is that LVN is head and shoulders above him on the depth chart

And if hes not head and shoulders above idk why itd be shocking that enagbare is first off the shelf.

Edited by HighCalebR

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Except he didnt, has been practicing since day 1 of OTAs, dealt with a hamstring for a minute and has said he's 100% since.

I dont know what evidence there is that LVN is head and shoulders above him on the depth chart

And if hes not head and shoulders above idk why itd be shocking that enagbare is first off the shelf.

Hes been rehabbing it for months. mlf and gute have said he is working through it. 

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think both Enagbare and LVN are really nice depth pieces at edge. 

We should be glad we have both of them.

I agree with this 100%. Im just trying to figure out why people think enagbare is a bum

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Gary and Clark were gushing over LVN in their interviews with Chris Long. They’re really excited for what he can bring to the defense.  

Im also very excited to see if he can put it together. Raw athleticism should carry him until he figures the rest out.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 1:02 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Fun fact(s)

• Mason Crosby topped Carlson's FG% from last season (81.8%) in only 2 of his first 8 seasons in GB
  • Crosby's FG % in 5 of his first 6 seasons was under 80%, with a low of 63.6%

crosby was always a just ok kicker who made (and also missed) big kicks because he was on good teams.  Good teams let kickers make game winning FGs. 

Bad teams have kickers making or missing FGs in the 4th to lose by 9 instead of 12.

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I agree with this 100%. Im just trying to figure out why people think enagbare is a bum

I didnt say he is a bum? I think he lacks the explosion he used to have, which was actually a high end trait that he depended on to be effective. 

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's disappointing he's still out #2 and it's not because he's better than ever.

not gonna worry about missing AJ dillon this season.  Hard to imagine he makes many winning plays if he ever did.

12 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I didnt say he is a bum? I think he lacks the explosion he used to have, which was actually a high end trait that he depended on to be effective. 

Going to lose snaps, people are SHOCKED that hed be playing over LVN. If we think Cox will pass him thats entering bum territory.

Thats where the convo started, I said he had been getting in before LVN while Preston was out and everyone was just "shocked." And then you said he was closer to getting cut than getting more reps than LVN. While the facts are that he has been getting first team reps over LVN and last year he got more snaps. Thats all we can glean without the beat asking the straight up question of "who is higher on the depth chart?" To which I assume the answer would be "we're relying on both those guys to play well".

I dont know if the explosion thing is true i dont really see it. Theres 1 play where DTR got the edge against him on a PA where he bit a bit too far inside otherwise I dont see that much of an issue, hes blown up a few gaps against the run and has been getting some pressures. Guys only played 34 preseason snaps.. and everything we hear from camp is that hes same old solid enagbare.

I just dont think we can assume the staff needs to see him with the first team to see if he can do it when hes already played more 1st team snaps than the guy we're shocked hes getting in ahead of.

Edited by HighCalebR