2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

Guess who has the better RAS, Cox or Enagbare?

Give up? 

It is virtually identical.  I think Cox has a couple hundredths of a point higher.  But Enagbare has much longer arms and much larger hands.  

Cox was more highly touted out of High School, and did have better production in college, but he also got kicked off of one team, and didn't get drafted.  

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Guess who has the better RAS, Cox or Enagbare?

Give up? 

It is virtually identical.  I think Cox has a couple hundredths of a point higher.  But Enagbare has much longer arms and much larger hands.  

Cox was more highly touted out of High School, and did have better production in college, but he also got kicked off of one team, and didn't get drafted.  

RAS not doing much for me now theyre in the league. Something clicked for Enagbare that didnt for Cox, maybe he just knows how to use that length. IDK but RAS once theyre in the league? I say poo poo

21 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

RAS not doing much for me now theyre in the league. Something clicked for Enagbare that didnt for Cox, maybe he just knows how to use that length. IDK but RAS once theyre in the league? I say poo poo

My take, Enagbare plays  much more of a power game. I haven’t bothered with the RAS but I’d bet his explosives are higher than his speed scores. He definitely gets his hands on people and they move. I think he has good balance/technique but it’s also his physical power. Cox might have some of that. Seems a little stiffer (not a joke this time) but truthfully haven’t seen enough reps to really say. I will definitely look for 57 out there. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

31 minutes ago, Refugee said:

My take, Enagbare plays  much more of a power game. I haven’t bothered with the RAS but I’d bet his explosives are higher than his speed scores. He definitely gets his hands on people and they move. I think he has good balance/technique but it’s also his physical power. Cox might have some of that. Seems a little stiffer (not a joke this time) but truthfully haven’t seen enough reps to really say. I will definitely look for 57 out there. 

I'd be much more comfortable with our 3rd DE off the bench than I would our 3 OL off the bench. In fact, more comfortable with our 2nd Oline off the bench. 

Whoever our 5th DE is, I hope they get some opportunities, and not because of injury. 

I've been theorising what surprise cuts we could see.

I haven't heard much regarding Tyler Davis in camp. You would think he's a lock due to special teams but I've heard little of him. I've went through the training camp reports on Reddit and the only times his name would crop up is regarding his blocking at TE. The tweets has been very positive until his poor performance against Denver. Meanwhile Sims had 15 and 12 ST snaps in the last two games which was way more than Davis had, also Sims saw way more offensive snaps too. He is frequently popping up in camp reports regarding his receiving. The backup QBs are throwing to him regularly. Methinks the wind seems to be blowing in the direction of rostering just 3 TEs.

I'm still expecting us to keep 3 QBs but if we do make a surprise cut here then it would have to be Clifford. His performance tonight will have a massive knock on effect on the roster.

Cuts like these would allow us to roster an extra DB or LB.

Without a doubt the biggest surprise would be Bo Melton. With DuBose ascending the sixth WR spot is up for grabs between Melton and Heath. I'm still giving Melton the edge, regularly popping up with mostly positive camp reports. Seems to be a short yardage safety valve for QB and also a speed threat at times. He's a much more versatile chess piece for the offence than Heath who is generally an outside guy only with good blocking skills which could be replaced by DuBose anyway. Barring a surprise I think Melton makes it.

Anthony Johnson Jr would be considered a surprise cut in Packers media circles. He wouldn't be a surprise for me as we have three starting safeties, a draft pick in Oladapo and a ST ace in Anderson thus making 5 safeties on the roster already. I don't see us keeping 6.

Ballentine would be somewhat of a surprise cut. Especially if we only keep 6 corners. Maybe they do this if they feel Bullard can play corner in a pinch. I'm still expecting him to make the roster as he's on our main ST units. It appears our gunners/jammers are mainly Rochell, Ballentine, DuBose and Melton.

Enagbare would be a big surprise cut as he had a relatively quiet camp however since the turn of August he has been getting snaps with the no.1 defence on multiple training camp days. Also I think Wooden would be our swing DE/DL, essentially taking up the 5th DE/DL spot which potentially pushes out Cox/Mosby/Ford out of the running.

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, Chili said:

I'm still expecting us to keep 3 QBs but if we do make a surprise cut here then it would have to be Clifford. His performance tonight will have a massive knock on effect on the roster.

More likely to carry 2 QBs with one a PS stash IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chili said:

I haven't heard much regarding Tyler Davis in camp. You would think he's a lock due to special teams but I've heard little of him. I've went through the training camp reports on Reddit and the only times his name would crop up is regarding his blocking at TE. The tweets has been very positive until his poor performance against Denver. Meanwhile Sims had 15 and 12 ST snaps in the last two games which was way more than Davis had, also Sims saw way more offensive snaps too. He is frequently popping up in camp reports regarding his receiving. The backup QBs are throwing to him regularly. Methinks the wind seems to be blowing in the direction of rostering just 3 TEs.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Davis is a camp cut.  If he's got PS eligibility (I think he does, just lazy) then I think he's a lock to make the PS if he goes unclaimed.

3 hours ago, Chili said:

Without a doubt the biggest surprise would be Bo Melton. With DuBose ascending the sixth WR spot is up for grabs between Melton and Heath. I'm still giving Melton the edge, regularly popping up with mostly positive camp reports. Seems to be a short yardage safety valve for QB and also a speed threat at times. He's a much more versatile chess piece for the offence than Heath who is generally an outside guy only with good blocking skills which could be replaced by DuBose anyway. Barring a surprise I think Melton makes it.

There's 2 WR spots for 3 people.  I think Heath is the odd one out in this situation.  Think Melton was better than Heath last year, and DuBose's play this year has been noticeably better than the other 2 for the most part.  Heath could be a potential trade candidate.

3 hours ago, Chili said:

Anthony Johnson Jr would be considered a surprise cut in Packers media circles. He wouldn't be a surprise for me as we have three starting safeties, a draft pick in Oladapo and a ST ace in Anderson thus making 5 safeties on the roster already. I don't see us keeping 6.

Definitely agree we won't carry 6.  Rich B probably gets 2-3 ST picks.  Figure Eric Wilson is likely one of them and Zayne could be the 2nd one.  Figure a 3rd would be Welch.  It could come down to Welch and Anderson for the same roster spot.

4 hours ago, Chili said:

Ballentine would be somewhat of a surprise cut. Especially if we only keep 6 corners. Maybe they do this if they feel Bullard can play corner in a pinch. I'm still expecting him to make the roster as he's on our main ST units. It appears our gunners/jammers are mainly Rochell, Ballentine, DuBose and Melton.

Think Ballentine and Rochell are competing for the same spot unless the Packers move on from King.  Jaire, Stokes, Nixon, and Valentine are locks.  Rochell, Ballentine, and King are competing for the last 2 spots.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'd be less surprised to see GB release both Clifford and Pratt than keep both of them.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was a temporary roster move.  Use their 2 free IRs before the season, release both Pratt and Clifford, and then IR someone after waivers are done.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was a temporary roster move.  Use their 2 free IRs before the season, release both Pratt and Clifford, and then IR someone after waivers are done.

Could be interesting if both were claimed though. I think you keep one of them, then see if you can find a decent backup. If you do, release the other one with the intention of bringing them back to practice squad. 

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Could be interesting if both were claimed though. I think you keep one of them, then see if you can find a decent backup. If you do, release the other one with the intention of bringing them back to practice squad. 

I don't disagree.  I think in terms of likelihood, it's 2 QBs kept, 1 QB kept, and 3 QBs kept in that order.