Eagles extend WR Devonta Smith, 3 years, $75M

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

"I don't watch football."

Please stop telling on yourself man. It gets kind of embarrassing at some point.

Stop dodging with non-sequiturs and explain how a player who does so little gets that much money.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

They will get at least Dak, Lamb and Parsons done. 

At a much much higher price. Just like they did waiting on Dak's first contract (after Goff/Wentz).

There ***'d 

17 minutes ago, TVScout said:

That much money for a player who scores 7 TDs per year and 1 TD in 3 playoff games?

Apologies, Had to read it twice. First time through I thought you were talking about Dak and the post season?

Enjoy your upcoming $60M QB and $30M WR/DE  contracts while not making a NFCCG , yet again. 🥃 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think 100% they let Dak Walk next year. If I remember I believe he has the No Tag Clause as well so could be interesting. So I have him moving on

I don't think they will, they're desperate and Dak knows it.

The other guy no one is talking about that they'll need to extend is DaRon Bland.

43 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

"I don't watch football."

Please stop telling on yourself man. It gets kind of embarrassing at some point.

He's just upset that Jerry is gonna wait another year until after Justin Jefferson resets the market, and they'll be forced to pay CeeDee Lamb 32M a year

22 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Stop dodging with non-sequiturs and explain how a player who does so little gets that much money.

The fact that you frame this as a "player that does so little" says everything we need to know.

Like if your argument is just going to be "BUT THE BULK STATS!!!!" what is actually the point of discussing anything with you? There is no actual thought process behind you googling his name and copy pasting a stat line of a player you have simply not watched play football.

18 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Not on the team anymore. Jerry is not so stupid as to pay #2 WRs 8 figure contracts.

Jerry wasn't stupid enough to let Cooper walk and sign Michael Gallup to a 5 yr $58M extension coming off a ACL instead? Only to cut that player after 2 pitiful seasons  averaging  36 / 400yds? That's just brilliant. 

To be fair, that wasn't NYG type stupidity with Kenny Golladay,  but up there. 

Enjoy your offseason.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

At a much much higher price. Just like they did waiting on Dak's first contract (after Goff/Wentz).

There ***'d 

I hope so, but they don't let marketable players walk, like those three and they tend to give good contracts (for them) except maybe Zeke. 

47 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's just upset that Jerry is gonna wait another year until after Justin Jefferson resets the market, and they'll be forced to pay CeeDee Lamb 32M a year

If they wait it's going to be closer to 35-40mil bc Jefferson is going to get closer to 35 this year if they get it done.  He already rejected a deal last year that was 30+ mil aav.

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I hope so, but they don't let marketable players walk, like those three and they tend to give good contracts (for them) except maybe Zeke. 

They already have the players. Lamb and Parsons are clearly great. Dak is good. The issue with the Cowboys is they just always wait to pay players for whatever reason and end up getting terrible value. They should be pushing hard to get Parsons locked down for 5 years now while they are using the Bosa deal to negotiate around, but knowing them they will wait until after Watt and Garrett are extended to record contracts and then they will be in this awkward contract spot again. Same goes with Lamb. Sure they will lock down great players, but they are going to pay them more than they have to. What $$$ do you think they could have got Lamb at last offseason? Probably pretty similar AAV to what Smitty just got. That is clearly out the window now.

This has been a clear weakness of the Cowboys FO for a while now and one of the strengths of the Eagles.

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't know that they're going to be willing to pay what it's going to cost to keep Dak if he repeats last season.  I'm going to be interested to see if they draft a QB early because there is no way they are picking up Lance's 5th year option and they could be without a QB come 2025.