Who is the best QB in the NFC?

Who is the best QB in the NFC?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best QB in the NFC?

All im saying is before his injury last season  that boy Kirk was on MVP level pace numbers wise lol.   Now he might even have more weapons to play with and a better O-line lol.   But yeah i dunno nfc is sort of a crap shoot with QB's alot of 5 to 12 range guys most years for the whole nfl. 

On 4/19/2024 at 9:40 AM, OkeyDoke21 said:

Going into this season, I'd take Hurts for a rebound, but I think at this point next year, my answer will be Love.  He looks primed to take that next step that would put him at the top of that group.  

Really?  What has Love done to even be in the conversation?  He had a few nice passes in the playoffs last year, but he had plenty of horrible throws too.  IMO, the guy has yet to prove anything.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 5:55 AM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Really?  What has Love done to even be in the conversation?  He had a few nice passes in the playoffs last year, but he had plenty of horrible throws too.  IMO, the guy has yet to prove anything.

The offense was the youngest in the league by far and had growing pains the first half of the year but by the 2nd half of the season he was almost inching himself into MVP category. His last 10 games he averaged 69.1% Completion Percentage, 109.1 QB Rating, 21 TDs to 3 INTs. Not to mention in his first ever playoff game as the underdogs put up 76.2% 157.2 3 TDs 0 INTs. To say he only had a few nice passes goes to show how little of him you actually watched over the 2nd half of the year. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

The offense was the youngest in the league by far and had growing pains the first half of the year but by the 2nd half of the season he was almost inching himself into MVP category. His last 10 games he averaged 69.1% Completion Percentage, 109.1 QB Rating, 21 TDs to 3 INTs. Not to mention in his first ever playoff game as the underdogs put up 76.2% 157.2 3 TDs 0 INTs. To say he only had a few nice passes goes to show how little of him you actually watched over the 2nd half of the year. 

By far?! The Rams were a whopping .3 away from the Pack as a whole. 

Idk about that stat my packer friend. 

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

By far?! The Rams were a whopping .3 away from the Pack as a whole. 

Idk about that stat my packer friend. 

Your being disingenuous here. .3 is a bigger difference than you let on. The difference of .3 between the 1. Packers and the 2. Rams is the difference between 2. Rams and the 9. Jaguars. That is also total team age counting defense which my whole point has to do with the learning curve of the offense.

The Packers offense was the youngest in the league by far in both average age and nfl experience. Outside of RB they literally averaged under 1 year of starting experience at  QB, WR, and TE. OL was 2nd youngest in the league with a whopping average of 2 years starting experience. There oldest player on offense played 1 game before being out for the year and their 2nd oldest was in and out with injuries all year. 

Historically the Rams were just a young team but nothing that we haven't seen before or is that out of the ordinary. The Packers have to go back to the 2017 Browns to even find something comparable and we all know how well that team played. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 8:36 PM, Spartacus said:

To be fair, that's probably true.  I only saw 5-6 Packer games last year, and that includes the playoff games.  I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt unless I see more and he looks really bad, which, as a Bears fan would be nice for me, but probably won't happen.  :D

14 hours ago, Sad People said:

Stafford and it isnt close.

The only knock that anyone can say about Stafford is health. And really people are just looking at the 2022 season alone where everything bad that could happen to the Rams did. Outside of that season, Stafford has only missed one game with the Rams due to injury. The other game he missed was Week 18 last season when McVay was resting his main guys (outside of Puka trying to break the rookie record then pulled him when he did). 

So Stafford right now is the best QB in the NFC and you can say a top 5 QB in the NFL. Until we physically see his game slipping nobody is better than him currently in the NFC and few are better than him in the entire NFL. But again I say currently. Some if not most will look at the future like 3-5 years from now to start saying other QBs. I live in the present not the future. In the 2024 NFL season Stafford is the best QB in the NFC. He is the only starting QB in the NFC that has won a Superbowl and that was most recently. He took a very young team with little to no expectations last season to the playoffs and nearly won on the road. And he had to play the best ball we've seen possibly ever from him definitely the best ball we've seen him play as a Ram to do so. 

So like you said its not even close. Love turned the corner and started playing great later in the season. Goff is playing great. Purdy has shown to be perfect in Kyle offense. Dak had a great season. Hurts I dont know what happened to him last season when it all imploded for the Eagles and he couldnt stop the bleeding. Caleb and Jayden we shall see how they do in the NFC. A healthy Murray I think can still be really good. Baker showed what he can do in the right situation. If Cousins is healthy he is good. So there is no shortage of QBs thats really good in the NFC but Stafford is the king of the hill in the NFC. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Stafford being the  "and it's not close guy"  is a bit odd because I don't think he's ever been viewed or played like the #1 QB in the conference in his entire 15 year career. 

I don't get it either. His last year was OK even if you just ignore the injuries and his age. For next year I would probably take Hurts, Goff, Love, and possibly even Mayfield over him. I don't expect him to play 17 games nor even if he does I wouldn't expect him to be the #1 QB in the NFC. 

32 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Stafford being the  "and it's not close guy"  is a bit odd because I don't think he's ever been viewed or played like the #1 QB in the conference in his entire 15 year career. 

In fairness, that's a hard bar to clear with Rodgers in your same division and conference. You also had some prime brees years still in there. 

Russ was also very good and Matt Ryan was a top 10 guy. 

Stafford being that guy now is in no small part due to the conference QB play being quite down. Though I think the "ainec" of it is wrong.