Who deserves more blame Hue or Kizer?

brownie man

Who deserves more blame???  

19 members have voted

1. 1. More blame

• Hue
    • Kizer

13 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I think you would have sneaked a couple of games with some late quarterback scrambling heroics.

haha I think that ship sailed. My flag football league has a few former college quarterbacks and while I wouldn't say they are much more mobile than this old man I think they can probably hold up better week to week. It usually took me at least 5 or 6 days to get over slight hamstring pulls or sore shoulder etc... In tournaments they play 2 games a day sometimes, can't do that anymore.

One hit from an NFL LB/DL/S and I'm probably done for a few weeks, assuming I survive at all. Also I'd be benched because I can't throw the ball 50 yards down the field I'd be checking down like Kessler most of the time.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

haha I think that ship sailed. My flag football league has a few former college quarterbacks and while I wouldn't say they are much more mobile than this old man I think they can probably hold up better week to week. It usually took me at least 5 or 6 days to get over slight hamstring pulls or sore shoulder etc... In tournaments they play 2 games a day sometimes, can't do that anymore.

One hit from an NFL LB/DL/S and I'm probably done for a few weeks, assuming I survive at all. Also I'd be benched because I can't throw the ball 50 yards down the field I'd be checking down like Kessler most of the time.

I have a few questions, as someone from the other side of the water with limited experience of playing the game.

I am going to become an uncle soon, and I'm very fond of the idea of introducing the game to the little guy early on, and if he catches a love for it, taking him out often to throw the ball around and things like that. Because I didn't grow up around the sport, my only experience of playing the game came when I was at university over here. As you can imagine that's not really much of an experience at all. I only ever really threw the ball around properly for the first time once I was already 18 or so. I can throw well compared to English dudes (a spiral would be an achievement for my average countrymen) but nowhere close to you guys who have been doing it all your lives.

My question is, how much of things like arm strength and accuracy are learned? Would most be able to really wing a football if they had been throwing it from a young age? Or is it mostly genetics?

I have good size and good strength. I'm 6'3 and 220ish, but for the life of me I can't really push it much more than 40 yards. And I feel sure that it's because I don't have a history of throwing a football through my childhood?

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I have a few questions, as someone from the other side of the water with limited experience of playing the game.

I am going to become an uncle soon, and I'm very fond of the idea of introducing the game to the little guy early on, and if he catches a love for it, taking him out often to throw the ball around and things like that. Because I didn't grow up around the sport, my only experience of playing the game came when I was at university over here. As you can imagine that's not really much of an experience at all. I only ever really threw the ball around properly for the first time once I was already 18 or so. I can throw well compared to English dudes (a spiral would be an achievement for my average countrymen) but nowhere close to you guys who have been doing it all your lives.

My question is, how much of things like arm strength and accuracy are learned? Would most be able to really wing a football if they had been throwing it from a young age? Or is it mostly genetics?

I have good size and good strength. I'm 6'3 and 220ish, but for the life of me I can't really push it much more than 40 yards. And I feel sure that it's because I don't have a history of throwing a football through my childhood?

Being American helps with many things, manliness, throwing of balls, general abilty to drive stuff, etc., but a lot can be learned. ;)

Starting young and developing good mechanics can go a long way, but genetics do play a part.  Guys like McCoy or Kessler will never have great arm strength regardless of what they do.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Being American helps with many things, manliness, throwing of balls, general abilty to drive stuff, etc., but a lot can be learned. ;)

Starting young and developing good mechanics can go a long way, but genetics do play a part.  Guys like McCoy or Kessler will never have great arm strength regardless of what they do.

:D

That's good to hear. My brother is 6'4 and built like a brick ****house so the genetics are there in that regard. The football throwing experience isn't but we're all tall, big guys so hopefully that counts for something. The only genuine sporting experience we have is our football, and my brother and father were amateur boxers.

It's a real shame that organised football is hard to come by over here. It's got better in the last few years in terms of accessibility, but it's still hard to find yourself in an actual set up with games/leagues. And when you do, the level is obviously very, very poor with guys that love the sport but don't really know how to play it because it's unnatural to us.

I'm obviously projecting very far into the future and hypotheticals, but I suppose there is no harm in bringing the little guy up around the sport and if he likes it, giving him an opportunity to see if he can play and develop.

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

:D

That's good to hear. My brother is 6'4 and built like a brick ****house so the genetics are there in that regard. The football throwing experience isn't but we're all tall, big guys so hopefully that counts for something. The only genuine sporting experience we have is our football, and my brother and father were amateur boxers.

It's a real shame that organised football is hard to come by over here. It's got better in the last few years in terms of accessibility, but it's still hard to find yourself in an actual set up with games/leagues. And when you do, the level is obviously very, very poor with guys that love the sport but don't really know how to play it because it's unnatural to us.

I'm obviously projecting very far into the future and hypotheticals, but I suppose there is no harm in bringing the little guy up around the sport and if he likes it, giving him an opportunity to see if he can play and develop.

Yeah you better learn to throw it better. No need to embarrass him :D

Why don’t you set up some kind of neighborhood league?  Not enough guys?

16 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah you better learn to throw it better. No need to embarrass him :D

Why don’t you set up some kind of neighborhood league?  Not enough guys?

Yep definitely not enough guys. I have just one close friend who follows the sport. That's my guy when it comes to watching the games and having someone to talk to in real life about the league. I'm also in a group chat with some fellas from a forum of my local soccer team. A forum of thousands of fans but there's only 16 or so of us that made a sub-thread for NFL talk. Ironically half of us are Browns fans! But it sort of shows how it's still a niche sport over here. And of those who watch it here, I reckon less than 5% play the sport in any format.

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

this week the wheels on Hues bus have gone over kizer an Crowell. He stated anyone could of got Crow's 59 yard TD and Kizer isn't very good. Way to build up the team. 

Wife called to tell me she heard that.

She was pissed.

Can Hueball possibly become more repelling?

We do not need an exorcist...we need Blade.

42 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yep definitely not enough guys. I have just one close friend who follows the sport. That's my guy when it comes to watching the games and having someone to talk to in real life about the league. I'm also in a group chat with some fellas from a forum of my local soccer team. A forum of thousands of fans but there's only 16 or so of us that made a sub-thread for NFL talk. Ironically half of us are Browns fans! But it sort of shows how it's still a niche sport over here. And of those who watch it here, I reckon less than 5% play the sport in any format.

That sucks. Just get as many guys as you can and start playing around in a busy area. If you see anybody watching invite them in. Also have a few hot chicks there pretending to enjoy watching you guys. Should attract the egos. 

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Wife called to tell me she heard that.

She was pissed.

Can Hueball possibly become more repelling?

We do not need an exorcist...we need Blade.

@LETSGOBROWNIES called him a D-Bag. He is becoming a greater Dbag each week. I wonder what happens next week. Sells gordon some green? Calls Kessler a midget? 

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES called him a D-Bag. He is becoming a greater Dbag each week. I wonder what happens next week. Sells gordon some green? Calls Kessler a midget? 

Or worse.

Seems that being incompetent as an OC and HC plus all this extra isn't enough to tarnish him in the Haslams' eyes.

Archived