Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

24 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

NFL standing are mostly unpredictable that I love the idea of taking the risk on a team underperforming and giving us better value than expected. The Rams went from 12-4 to 5-12 between 2021 and 2022. The Vikings went from 13-4 to 7-10 the past two years. You just never know. That said, there are some teams that you can assume are going to be great next year (Chiefs, 49ers, etc.) but there are some that you could argue are risky enough that you could hit the jackpot. Bills could regress, Tampa Bay, Ravens are always a Lamar injury away, the Eagles finished last year with a 1-5 record as some examples I'd be willing to take the 2025 1st over picks this year. That said, I'd be happy with picks this year too, especially if we end up taking a QB and want to get him immediate help. 

Those are all good points. I see the Eagles as being a lot like Panthers of 2014-15, a momentum team that thrives when they're winning but once they get punched in the mouth (like CAR did in SB50 and PHI did against SF last year in early Dececmber) they'll fold and never be the same. Tons of talent but mentally soft. 

• Like 1

Quick predictive mock 

1. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (Trade down with Eagles for 2nd and next years 4th)

2. Nix, QB, Oregon

3. ja’tavion Sanders, TE, Texas

4. Brandon Coleman, OL, TCU

5. McKinnley Jackson, DT, Texas A&M

5. Brenden Rice, WR, USC

5. Christian Jones, OT, Texas

6. Mo Kamara, EDGE, CSU

7. Nick Jackson, LB, Iowa 

• Like 1

I thinking there’s gonna be a curve ball in the top 8, I’ve said before that I think they’ll be conservative. But if Maye or McCarthy make it past 6, they jump on it. My opinion. 
anyone against that?

3 minutes ago, copeland said:

I thinking there’s gonna be a curve ball in the top 8, I’ve said before that I think they’ll be conservative. But if Maye or McCarthy make it past 6, they jump on it. My opinion. 
anyone against that?

If they moved up I would say it a) will be for one of those two and b) one of them would have to fall.

But what I’ve heard today is the Pats seem locked in on Maye. 

37 minutes ago, copeland said:

anyone against that?

I hope not. Drafting a QB #1 on a bad football team rarely ends well and we're really a bad team. I just think the timings terrible after spending so many draft picks and dollars on that position lately and letting the rest of the roster suffer.

maybe in another couple of years.