Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

The camp that says you understand the move, my question is what do you understand?  Nix turns 25 this year and has never started an NFL game and he’s less talented than both Wilson and Stidham who are 24 and 27.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

They can write that name on Seans tombstone. Every college defensive player still on the board and we get a QB who will have to sit a year to learn the game.

How funny will it be if he can't beat out Stidham or Wilson.

He’s 24 so sitting a full year probably isn’t going to happen. Shouldn’t be hard to beat out Wilson though and Stidham may start but there’s not a QB on the roster that’s going to start all 17 games. 

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Raiders then getting Bowers… I’m so sad

I still can’t get over the draft room.  That was weird.  Pretty obvious none of them supported that selection but Payton. 

Just now, broncosfan_101 said:

Nah, ATL spent $100M on a stopgap for an even bigger reach than ours. 

Not even close.  You forget we spent 1st round picks for Russell Wilson and gave him a $250 million contract then trade 1st round picks for Payton and pay him $17 million a year to go out and draft a 25 year old average QB with the 12th pick in the draft.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

This is where I’m at. I would actually be more upset if we had traded multiple firsts for JJ.

Yeah or Penix. I don't have much doubt about Penix being good as I do about him being durable. I think JJ is a lock to be worst of the whole group. 

2 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

This is where I’m at. I would actually be more upset if we had traded multiple firsts for JJ.

I’d agree with that.  But we should’ve never been drafting a QB at 12 to begin with. It is better than trading up for one though. 

• Like 1