2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

Just now, lavar703 said:

What would be the point of letting yet again, another talented OL walk? There is no justification to not pay Cosmi if he keeps ascending. Like no excuse at all. He's young and getting better and better. Cosmi is light years beyond Allegretti as a starter. Like, its not even remotely close. 

For one, Cosmi doesn't deserve a big pay day. If he improves and earns that pay day, great! The likelihood of that happening is the same for him and Jamin Davis, not good. I honestly don't know why you are so down on Allegretti, but you are entitled to your opinion. Dude sat behind one of the best LGs in the NFL for years, how dare he not get more starts...

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm sorry man, I just cannot come to terms with picking another DT high. 

I remember a time when we wouldn’t even address the position. And look at the money they are paying that spot. Maybe they realize Allen is a pice to recoup value for after this season and getting cheaper is key. Peters has been known to play the long game. This draft wasn’t just for the 24 season. It’s for building a consistent contender.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

For one, Cosmi doesn't deserve a big pay day. If he improves and earns that pay day, great! The likelihood of that happening is the same for him and Jamin Davis, not good. I honestly don't know why you are so down on Allegretti, but you are entitled to your opinion. Dude sat behind one of the best LGs in the NFL for years, how dare he not get more starts...

I mean, he's a backup. He wasn't exactly great when he got on the field. Doesn't mean he's going to suck but I just think he's another Wylie. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don't hate the player. Newton is a stud. If we traded Jonathan Allen I would've loved this pick but our DB suck. I know people think Forbes will get better and he very well might but St. Juste is awful. Cooper DeJean being there just hurt man. He would've immediately been our best corner. 

TJ Tampa, Khyree Jackson, Rod Gattison, Cam Hart, Elijah Jones all still available. We have shown interest in all but Tampa (who is my highest rated CB left).

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

TJ Tampa, Khyree Jackson, Rod Gattison, Cam Hart, Elijah Jones all still available. We have shown interest in all but Tampa (who is my highest rated CB left).

I mean, I'm happy with Mike Sainristil. I don't want to go corner again and honestly I think Sainristil is better than BSJ. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Its not the fans overrating him dude. He was genuinely very good last year.

That same thing was posted and shared and I showed the video of Fletcher Cox destroying him enroute to a sack. Its just not representative, IMO. I think Cosmi is our best offensive lineman, but he isn't a top 10 G in the NFL by any stretch.

Just now, lavar703 said:

I mean, I'm happy with Mike Sainristil. I don't want to go corner again and honestly I think Sainristil is better than BSJ. 

We have to get an outside corner still. Sainristil is a great slot CB. We cannot rely on BSJ and Forbes.