2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Comparing Cosmi to Kerrigan is a giant stretch. I will agree that Cosmi played better at guard, but it was servicable at best. He's not a difference maker.

Like I said it’s hard to judge a OL with a turnstile beside him on both sides is all I’m saying. And I’m not comping him to Ryan. But Cosmi beside Tyler who I believe is a really solid plus level OC I believe we see differencemaki g OG play from Cosmi

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Sure they do, just not the team that Rivera built. I have said it from the jump, don't get attached to anyone from the Rivera era because they are all going to go. You have to suck really, really bad to be one of the worst of all time.

Cosmi isnt a terrible player, but he isn't a building block, especially in the last year of his contract and what he has currently shown. He can change that this year, but its an uphill battle. I caught flack for saying that Curl, Sweat and Young were competing for a contract extension (or two) and none of them got an extension here. Sweat was the only one that got anything decent contract-wise.

We just don't agree on this one brother. I think Comsi is a stud. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Watch Cosmi in any game from the second half of last year in particular, and I don't think you'll be saying he's "serviceable" and "replaceable." I think you guys are just way off on this one. Even if you don't think he was a top 5 guard last year (as PFF did), he was damn good. He moves well, he anchors well, and he has a ton of functional strength. He's an absolutely elite athlete compared to the typical guard, and it shows.

Assuming he doesn't get hurt and translates over to the new offensive scheme effectively, I'll be disappointed if they don't have a deal done by midseason. You gotta spend the damn cap space on somebody.

So he had a solid half of a season. He's been all over the place the rest of his career. And honestly I don't care how fast our Guards can run, I want them to push the dline back a yard on the goalline. We couldn't run the ball at all when we needed to last year and Guards imo are the foundation of the running game. 

Just now, ripsean21 said:

Like I said it’s hard to judge a OL with a turnstile beside him on both sides is all I’m saying. And I’m not comping him to Ryan. But Cosmi beside Tyler who I believe is a really solid plus level OC I believe we see differencemaki g OG play from Cosmi

Absolutely. I actually think Wylie and Cosmi started to click a little more together by seasons end as well, but I am still concerned about that right side of the line. If Cosmi doesn't take the leap this year, he won't be back. I believe that.

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Watch Cosmi in any game from the second half of last year in particular, and I don't think you'll be saying he's "serviceable" and "replaceable." I think you guys are just way off on this one. Even if you don't think he was a top 5 guard last year (as PFF did), he was damn good. He moves well, he anchors well, and he has a ton of functional strength. He's an absolutely elite athlete compared to the typical guard, and it shows.

Assuming he doesn't get hurt and translates over to the new offensive scheme effectively, I'll be disappointed if they don't have a deal done by midseason. You gotta spend the damn cap space on somebody.

I’m done defending today!!! I completely agree with what you’re saying. We’re about to hit what I believe is another great pick and we’re going to drop the mic with pick 100. Cosmi is a really talented guard and he has the perfect attitude and his tape reflected it especially once he gelled into the position. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We just don't agree on this one brother. I think Comsi is a stud. 

We both felt that way about Curl, too. I think Curl was a much better player at his position than Cosmi is. I won't be banging the table for an extension for Cosmi the same way I did for Curl. Even with that, I think he should be paid as a top 15 OG not a top 5 and I am not sure how he feels about himself. We watched Brandon Scherff, who by all accounts was a top 5 OG, go make a bunch of money in Jacksonville and he hasn't been worth the money. Just keep drafting and replacing O-Lineman till you find the elite ones.

Absolutely. I actually think Wylie and Cosmi started to click a little more together by seasons end as well, but I am still concerned about that right side of the line. If Cosmi doesn't take the leap this year, he won't be back. I believe that.

And I believe he took the start on that leap. I also believe this guy not only takes the leap but I believe with this staff not only does he take the leap but he plays to the level Brandon was at by the end of his Washington tenure. As I’ve said anything that happened under Ron last year I blame not a single player for. It was a scapegoat season. Cosmi was playing and learning and producing. He is going to be the cornerstone player next year on that unit

• Like 1

Just now, ripsean21 said:

And I believe he took the start on that leap. I also believe this guy not only takes the leap but I believe with this staff not only does he take the leap but he plays to the level Brandon was at by the end of his Washington tenure. As I’ve said anything that happened under Ron last year I blame not a single player for. It was a scapegoat season. Cosmi was playing and learning and producing. He is going to be the cornerstone player next year on that unit

I hope that you guys are right.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So he had a solid half of a season. He's been all over the place the rest of his career. And honestly I don't care how fast our Guards can run, I want them to push the dline back a yard on the goalline. We couldn't run the ball at all when we needed to last year and Guards imo are the foundation of the running game. 

Well, the good news is he led the entire 2021 OL draft class with 36 bench reps, so he's got some of that too.

I agree completely that it was a trash OL. I just don't think one guy can singlehandedly make a run game work, no matter how good he is.

Green Bay just redid their LB room in one draft. Cooper and Hopper are going to be studs for them.

Hopper was a guy I really liked. All the draftniks had him down in the 5th-6th range, but I think he was extremely impactful (if a bit raw).

• Like 2