The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It’s one of those things where the only thing that justifies the pick us up at some point he wins the job. If Mumford wins the job or glaze ends up starting at guard it’s technically a wasted pick. 

all that being said there wasn’t anyone that I felt particularly strong about drafting there at third. I actually even mentioned going into the third round I don’t know who I would pick definitively and then it would be hard to pinpoint the best player available there

I think they’re moving him to guard.

21 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That was a report this morning that Brady’s not coming back. If he does he’s 47 years old. 

Well it’s gonna be OConnell and Minshew. That’s why they gave him 15 million 

I like the draft so far.

Bowers and JPJ are going to be studs.

Glaze kinda reminds me of Elumenor. Versatile guy who is a good pure blocker. He should be solid at worst.

Richardson is a HWS guy that Al Davis would have loved.

Eichenberg is a tough physical LB that loves the game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Kid is tough. Played through some big injuries. Two years ago, he was amazing but took a step back last season. He's going to hit you regardless whether you're the ball carrier or someone in his way. He loves the game and he'll give you everything he's got. Better in run support than coverage and that will be my biggest concern with him. Good value for where we drafted him. 

I remember ‘scouting’ him last year, he seemed a little higher rated until he decided to go back to school, is that about right?

21 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

If Glaze ends up starting at Guard that should be considered a successful pick in the 3rd then, shouldn't it?

At that point we needed a tackle. Guard you can wait on unless you have an all pro level talent at that position like a Quinton Nelson. But again I don’t know who I would’ve got instead definitively so it’s one of those where I don’t truly have an issue with it

What a strange feeling to be getting to the bog end of the draft and be highly satisfied. Such sensible selections. While Glaze is a reach, I get them taking a Tackle at that point, given the run on them and how few options remained. We have come away, avoiding getting distracted by the QB situation and picked two genuine BPA picks that will start day 1 and make a massive impact on the O and added depth with traits in positions of need.

I don't think I've had a draft where I've expected the picks to be good rather than bad prior to the  name being called.

• Like 2

Prospects I'm looking at this round:

Mekhi Wingo, Kristian Boyd, Jaden Crumedy, Jonah Laulau, Justin Rogers at DT

Gabriel Murphy, Cedric Johnson, Bo Richter at DE 

Jonny Wilson, Malik Washington, Jerry's boy at WR

Christian Mahogany at OG

Daijhan Anthony at S

Or anyone with athletic tools or insane work ethic :) 

Edited by Darbsk

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Prospects I'm looking at this round:

Mekhi Wingo, Kristian Boyd, Jaden Crumedy, Jonah Laulau, Justin Rogers at DT

Gabriel Murphy, Cedric Johnson Bo Richter at DE 

Jonny Wilson, Malik Washington at WR

Daijhan Anthony at S

Or anyone with athletic tools or insane work ethic :) 

All over one of the DLs at this point...

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Philadelphia with another disgusting draft. 

Love their double dip at DB, loved both those prospects. Trotter, Keegan and Wilson are good value.