The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

You don’t play the boundary in the SEC if you are not an athlete. Didn’t have the best 40 time but he’s smooth as hell. Short area quickness over long speed imo and he’s a football player as a CB, I’m really high on him 

yeah you can. Especially when you have the Alabama pass rush who produces pass rushers every year in the draft. 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not too soon for the FO, apparently. 

Cle. Abram. Ruggs. Arnette. Wilson. Mayer. 

Hell, go back through old threads. Guys will literally justify every pick we ever take as being the BPA. 

With the exception of Mayer, I think those dudes were all need based, not BPA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not too soon for the FO, apparently. 

Cle. Abram. Ruggs. Arnette. Wilson. Mayer. 

Hell, go back through old threads. Guys will literally justify every pick we ever take as being the BPA. 

I just don’t believe drafting bowers means Mayers is useless. 
Think they will both be on the field a lot. Probably both 70+% guys, which sounds crazy, but bowers Mayers doesn’t just mean a two TE set. 

it means if D goes into nickel, we don’t let them sub out and go run heavy. 
If teams don’t have 2 cover lbers.. we attack the middle all game...move bowers around and expose the weakness 
teams want to take away the middle, I have faith in DA and meyers on the outside. 

Can AOC / Minshew read the D and get us into the right spot to expose their personnel. 

That’s the big Q… but we just got another massive Chess piece. 

I never saw cle abram Annette or even ruggs called the BPA.. ruggs was FPA, and their was people who saw the logic.. I still understand it. 

• Like 2

Just now, 101Raider said:

With the exception of Mayer, I think those dudes were all need based, not BPA.

Agreed. Mayer was the only pick that felt Bpa. Every other one was a reach for a need. Last year we took Tyree instead of Carter for example.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It cost Detroit a 3rd just to move up 5 picks.

Nuts. 

I feel like Detroit got fleeced there, amd they've usually been doing the fleecing. 

Dallas must still be upset about the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That doesn't mean they are not good players...  JJettas was picked 22nd and behind Jeudy lol 

I never said they sucked I just said that they weren't the best available players at 13. 13 and 24 are two completely different draft picks. For example I remember hearing that nobody had a problem with us taking Penix at 24

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I never said they sucked I just said that they weren't the best available players at 13. 13 and 24 are two completely different draft picks. For example I remember hearing that nobody had a problem with us taking Penix at 24

They clearly weren't BPA on our board.  I just hope Bowers turns out to be a HOFer...

I also think Arnold landed in a fantastic spot.  he should be a very good player in the NFL and was good value at 24.