Commanders retiring #28 for Darrell Green

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I trust Josh Harris to pull this one off.  Snyder kept the Taylor stuff around as a “in case of glass, break emergency” scenario.  

I would have to guess Josh Harris fixes the Taylor stuff. He knows how beloved he is by this fanbase. Not to mention the dive into the end zone against Philly could make one cool statue outside of our new stadium.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daboyle said:

Just got to watch this and am legitimately in tears. Darrell Green is/was the first player my dad introduced to me when I started watching football. He is to him what Sean Taylor is to me.

I will be there the game they retire this. No question.

DO NOT LET OPPOSING FANS TAKE OVER THE STADIUM THAT DAY

Edited by TOUCAN
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Daboyle said:

I just watched this fully... 😭 Damn the feels. The way this franchise has changed the outlook and public perception since Josh Harris and Co purchased it is so crazy. Listening to Darrell Green talk about wanting to come back for 20 years and the new ownership making that a reality brought me to tears. Doing right be the legends of this franchise inspires hope for the future legends to come. 

HTTR!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

Just got to watch this and am legitimately in tears. Darrell Green is/was the first player my dad introduced to me when I started watching football. He is to him what Sean Taylor is to me.

I will be there the game they retire this. No question.

DO NOT LET OPPOSING FANS TAKE OVER THE STADIUM THAT DAY

Given how the fans showed up for Week 1 this year in the new era, I don’t think that will be a problem.  Might have to dig my old DG jersey out of my grandmothers basement for this game.  

• Like 1