Official Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Thread

14 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Who won?

Quinton did well in the one on ones and more than held his own. If OL was not such a pressing need, I believe he would have been the pick. Now, I would say Wilson. He's wearing the Black n Gold!😀

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I saw that. But with how outrageous the guard deals got this offseason I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up not wanting to pay him market value. 

Yea it’s possible.

The AAVs are starting to get closer to $15-$20 mill.

Hiwever I’d probably be ok with it…I’d hate to rebuild the OL and then hate to break it up…especially with their cap space going forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would imagine he would face a suspension no?

Not sure how this plays out. I didn't hear all of the particulars. If he "actually" did something he will definitely be suspended. The NFL doesn't play with domestic issues after the situation with Ray Rice. 

7 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Not sure how this plays out. I didn't hear all of the particulars. If he "actually" did something he will definitely be suspended. The NFL doesn't play with domestic issues after the situation with Ray Rice. 

He's in a pre-trial diversion program so he definitely "did" something. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

He's in a pre-trial diversion program so he definitely "did" something. 

What is pre-trial diversion, if you don't mind me asking. I could just look it up too. I don't understand a lot about legal things. 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What is pre-trial diversion, if you don't mind me asking. I could just look it up too. I don't understand a lot about legal things. 

It means he is diverted to a program (counseling), community service and or probation, usually all 3. This is instead of going to jail…charges may be dropped contingent on subsequent performance according to the agreement, or the charges could have just been lowered. My hunch is that they want nothing on his permanent record, if he has no priors, and he will be a model citizen going forward, or at least that’s how his lawyer will frame it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rlon said:

It means he is diverted to a program (counseling), community service and or probation, usually all 3. This is instead of going to jail…charges may be dropped contingent on subsequent performance according to the agreement, or the charges could have just been lowered. My hunch is that they want nothing on his permanent record, if he has no priors, and he will be a model citizen going forward, or at least that’s how his lawyer will frame it.

So he could do this stuff, then do a trial, be found guilty and go to jail? This is just to prove he's a "good guy" before he goes to trial? 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So he could do this stuff, then do a trial, be found guilty and go to jail? This is just to prove he's a "good guy" before he goes to trial? 

No, he doesn’t go to trial, he pleads guilty to a lesser charge or the current chart, and after he does the program and remains free of problems the charges are dropped. He avoids trial and jail unless he violates the terms or reoffends. 

• Like 1