Official Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Thread

I know there are quality CBs on the board but I hope we double dip in WR for our 4th rounder.

If we dont draft another WR who will make up our receiving corps?   What will it cost if we have to trade for a receiver?  What happens if Pickens has to miss time?

I'd be happy with any of the following:

Jamari Thrash WR Louisville

Brenden Rice WR USC

Johnny Wilson WR Florida State

As for our nickel corner, I say we resign some of the dudes from last year.  Maybe a guy like Jarvis Brownlee could be there in the sixth round.  Drafting a NCB in the 4th round and starting him for the entire season, isnt a good idea either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I know there are quality CBs on the board but I hope we double dip in WR for our 4th rounder.

If we dont draft another WR who will make up our receiving corps?   What will it cost if we have to trade for a receiver?  What happens if Pickens has to miss time?

I'd be happy with any of the following:

Jamari Thrash WR Louisville

Brenden Rice WR USC

Johnny Wilson WR Florida State

As for our nickel corner, I say we resign some of the dudes from last year.  Maybe a guy like Jarvis Brownlee could be there in the sixth round.  Drafting a NCB in the 4th round and starting him for the entire season, isnt a good idea either.

I kind of feel like there is no reason to grab Thrash after having taken Wilson, but I would love it if they ended up with Rice.

8 hours ago, Chieferific said:

That would be nice. Perhaps the Wolverine playbook held him back. 

I think outside of Corum your going to see a ton of players the Michigan playbook impacted.  Think about this with him - we knock JJ McCarthy for not having many attempts.  That means you really don't have a ton of reps on Wilson to study, and that's why he was there at 84.

8 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Ok I am in love with the Peyton Wilson pick now. I didn’t study up on hardly an LBers at all before the draft. 

He is a perfect fit as well. I’m sure Queen will be your every down backer. Roberts on running downs and Wilson for passing downs. 

Without the Injuries Peyton Wilson would have been a 1st round pick.

Wonder if we're going to get Ru. Wilson, Ro. Wilson, and P Wilson name plates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

The only pick I do not like so far is Roman Wilson.  Why get a slot WR if the offense you want to run does not use slot WR?

I agree. But I am trying to reserve judgement until I see if we make a move to bring in a vet outside WR. I do think at the very least he will be a fan favorite, hard worker, good locker room guy, etc. I am also happy it was a 3rd round pick and not a 2nd. But seeing Tykee Smith and Jarrion Jones go right after hurt. I am tired of a patchwork NCB, it’s about time we have a game changer there. 

• Like 1

One of my favorite things about this draft is every single guy we drafted is a love the game, go out and hit someone 110% effort guy. We lost that toughness that we had for so long, I long for the days when teams knew they were going home all bruised and banged up. There’s not going to be any leave the fumble laying around while you sulk out of any of these guys. Looking forward to seeing how this season develops. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I agree. But I am trying to reserve judgement until I see if we make a move to bring in a vet outside WR. I do think at the very least he will be a fan favorite, hard worker, good locker room guy, etc. I am also happy it was a 3rd round pick and not a 2nd. But seeing Tykee Smith and Jarrion Jones go right after hurt. I am tired of a patchwork NCB, it’s about time we have a game changer there. 

I'm much higher on Roman than ya'll.  He's got Hines's mentality and hands with AB's burst and DJ's route running.  He may have played most his snaps in the slot in UM, but tell me this, do you know who their other 2 WR's are? Cuz I can't.  And they were the ones that came off the field when they went 22 or 13 personnel.  Wilson was the one that stayed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I mean at this point it's a A+ draft 

Nailed every pick 

Give me tj Tampa or DTR here in the 4th

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I prefer the idea of doubling up on WR in the 4th and signing Pat Pete. Johnny Wilson/Picken/Wilson would be nasty. A trade into the 5th or late 4th to get a NCB wouldn't be that costly either.