Official Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

Did anyone else have issues getting on the site since about 6pm yesterday…it wouldn’t load anything at all.

Yes. I DM'ed @MOSteelers56 but I can only get on via EDGE on PC.  No Safari, no Chrome, no other browser is working.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I agree. But I am trying to reserve judgement until I see if we make a move to bring in a vet outside WR. I do think at the very least he will be a fan favorite, hard worker, good locker room guy, etc. I am also happy it was a 3rd round pick and not a 2nd. But seeing Tykee Smith and Jarrion Jones go right after hurt. I am tired of a patchwork NCB, it’s about time we have a game changer there. 

The Steelers will not run 4 Wr sets to give him space to work.  For Michigan, they used him in motion a lot so it could give him some separation so manufactured separation.  To make that work we would need to see a lot more 3 WR sets than Arthur Smith has ever run.  Perhaps they will surprise me but I just do not see how he fits in.

If they draft Javon Baker then they will have something that fits into what AS has run his entire career.

Edited by jebrick

2 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

I mean at this point it's a A+ draft 

Nailed every pick 

Give me tj Tampa or DTR here in the 4th

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-met-with-former-cb-cam-sutton-accused-of-domestic-assault/

will  signing Sutton get in the way of Tampa or possibly RD4 pick for WR Sutton?  Tampa (or other good CB) is needed, and since Khan doesn't let it slide, I am expecting a CB either in the draft or UFA. 

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Did anyone else have issues getting on the site since about 6pm yesterday…it wouldn’t load anything at all.

I did earlier today, thought I was banned xD

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I'm much higher on Roman than ya'll.  He's got Hines's mentality and hands with AB's burst and DJ's route running.  He may have played most his snaps in the slot in UM, but tell me this, do you know who their other 2 WR's are? Cuz I can't.  And they were the ones that came off the field when they went 22 or 13 personnel.  Wilson was the one that stayed.

this sounds perfect.  Top this off with an OL that will allow a legit armed QB to set up and throw strikes for a change rather than be injured and  playing street football .

3 hours ago, DR43 said:

What happens if Pickens has to miss time?

this where  a vet like trading for C.Sutton can be of help. Always good to look at it your way - what if there is an injury

If TJ gets hurt, what will they do?  Better sign Golden or quality vet in case Herbig isn't the answer. 

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

The only pick I do not like so far is Roman Wilson.  Why get a slot WR if the offense you want to run does not use slot WR?

I don't understand why so many feel Wilson can only be a slot receiver.  He's almost like a body-double size to Diontae--difference is he faster than Diontae, but tougher, as well. 

And honestly, the most important thing to remember, is he fits better than diontae, because he's the type of WR who catches, the ball, and keeps the ball, haha.

Seriously, though, Roman Wilson can fit into whatever role he needs to, because he has the speed, and toughness, to make it.  At least, that's my take, at least...

2 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

I don't understand why so many feel Wilson can only be a slot receiver.  He's almost like a body-double size to Diontae--difference is he faster than Diontae, but tougher, as well. 

And honestly, the most important thing to remember, is he fits better than diontae, because he's the type of WR who catches, the ball, and keeps the ball, haha.

Seriously, though, Roman Wilson can fit into whatever role he needs to, because he has the speed, and toughness, to make it.  At least, that's my take, at least...

Because he thrives is short to intermediate routes and in the middle of the field. Not saying he CAN'T win on the outside, just that he is better suited for the Slot.

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Because he thrives is short to intermediate routes and in the middle of the field. Not saying he CAN'T win on the outside, just that he is better suited for the Slot.

Is there a way to found what routes he ran in college, I haven’t been able to find it if it’s available? That team up north’s offense wasn’t a go deep scheme, but I’d be interested to see what he did run. 

FWIW I really hate the idea of bringing in a guy who has the accusations Cam Sutton does.

But from a football perspective - he was badly misused in Detroit as a #1 man coverage corner.

He is excellent in zone and in the slot, which is what he would be used as here. I think it’s a long shot he’s signed but again from a football perspective he’s exactly what our secondary needs.

• Like 1