Official Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Thread

24 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Because he thrives is short to intermediate routes and in the middle of the field. Not saying he CAN'T win on the outside, just that he is better suited for the Slot.

But he's also shown the ability beat guys deep, even if from the slot position, so I feel he's shown enough to be successful on the outside.  IMO, it's more about what he can project to, with evidence of this ability, even if he was run differently at Michigan.  Dude's fast, and strong enough, to win outside, I believe.  Heck, if Diontae can win outside successfully, Wilson should be able to.  I think he'll just need to learn to run crisper routes.

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

I called this pick a few days ago in other the draft prospect thread or state of the Steelers thread.

Surprised  they went 3 deep on OL picks.

Not with Weidl.  BPA or trenches.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I like McCormick for the Steelers.  Perfect wide-zone blocker

Would you have preferred a CB here though?

I never even thought of 3 OL within these first few rounds.  Weidl and Khan aren't fooling around anymore, removing the colbert cobwebs and getting the OL set.  Now I am looking forward to watching again.

how will Najee be in this scheme? I expect some occasional power running for him, this unit should be able to get yards either way

I was hoping more for a CB but have a feeling that they will sign cam sutton, not what I would prefer  but he is decent at NCB which is where the need is.  They will probably draft JPJ's cousin later as well for NCB.